The Supercharger Installation Manager role entails active program coordination of all deployment phases of Tesla’s Supercharger projects, including construction feasibility diligence, layout and design, utility design and easements, permitting, construction, site commissioning, and closeout. The ideal candidate has relevant hands-on experience managing infrastructure projects (up to thirty projects at one time across multiple states/provinces) and demonstrates a bias to action, logical problem solving, and mastery of a project’s tactical details. Finally, s/he brings high energy and an optimistic approach to fully completing projects in a swift and quality manner.
- Manage all phases of design, entitlement, and construction of Supercharger sites within a given territory. A key performance indicator is the number of sites successfully opened for public use.
- Facilitate field site visits for due diligence on construction, engineering, utility, and cost. Provide site reports and sketches as needed.
- Review title reports for ownership, encumbrances, and easements; assess construction viability.
- Plan, coordinate, approve, and review legal documents and plans for right-of-way/easement/property acquisitions.
- Serve as the liaison with utility company personnel to determine the best routing of primary electrical service.
- Meet with zoning/permitting personnel to understand jurisdictional approval requirements and opportunities for timeline reduction. Represent Tesla and the Supercharger program at public meetings. Track and manage status of all needed approvals.
- Review and approve construction bids and change orders. Provide support as needed to the general contractor during all phases of construction.
- Minimum 3 years project management, site acquisition, and/or site development experience. Prior work in telecom/solar/retail development as a project manager or site acquisition manager is valuable.
- Ability to travel (50%) required. This is not an exaggeration.
- Established record of accomplishment managing and delivering multiple simultaneous projects ahead of schedule while adhering to the highest quality and standards.
- Advanced knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting processes.
- Working knowledge of power integration and utility design processes.
- Skilled in reading, understanding and redlining zoning and construction drawings, including utility designs and power distribution details. Accountable to cost implications of construction design options and able to make cost-efficiency recommendations.
- Aptitude in communicating and building relationships with property owners, local jurisdictions, utility companies and other stakeholders throughout the project cycle.
- Ability to function autonomously, working independent of a support staff, without formal requirements documentation, in a fast-paced environment; ability to manage changing priorities.
- Entrepreneurial approach to accomplishing tasks with far fewer resources than a big company would have.
- Self-starter approach to challenging the status quo; innovative ideas that improve our: designs, processes, assemblies, costs, or the company as a whole.
- Ability to identify the critical path issues and institute remedies that shorten that critical path.
- As a fulltime Tesla employee, you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts