Tesla is looking for a highly-motivated Industrial Engineering Manager to optimize and grow our total manufacturing process of our cutting-edge products at Gigafactory Nevada, outside Reno, Nevada. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to Tesla’s world class manufacturing facility in Nevada. Tesla is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on critical subsystems of an incredibly exciting product.
This role will contribute to, in whole or in part to:
- Leading a team of technical professionals with scopes including industrial engineering, systems engineering, operations research, program management, work measurement, material flow, factory space management, and so on
- Driving operations efficiency improvements with stakeholders, including (but not limited to) production operations, engineering, finance, and design teams; this will also include development of capital expense business cases
- Steering site-wide associate-led continuous improvement, utilizing lean manufacturing methodologies
- Tesla people leaders are responsible for a variety of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) assurance functions, including ensuring their teams’ safety training is current, documenting EHS incidents, proactively correcting workplace hazards in the areas, and empowering others to continuously improve operations.
- BS/MS in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Systems Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years in direct individual contributor roles in industrial, manufacturing, or systems engineering roles
- 3+ years directly leading teams of engineers in scopes listed above
- Track record of excellence in current and prior roles, demonstrable with metrics or KPIs
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, presentation, summarization, etc
- Exemplary people, organizational, project management, and escalation skills
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Preferred qualifications: scale manufacturing experience
As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
Back-up childcare and employee discounts