The HR Partner drives our mission by working with leaders across the business to ensure Tesla is a great place to work for all our employees. Our team achieves results by being innovative, driven, collaborative and trustworthy. This role is both hands-on and strategic and provides expertise in the areas of employee relations, workforce planning, performance management, compensation, employee retention, coaching/development, conflict management and ad hoc projects as necessary. Tesla’s HR Business Partners are passionate about their work and help deliver positive change every day.
Be a credible activist for your clients, your team and our mission. Exert influence to create positive change and proactively mitigate and resolve employee issues. Adaptability and Capability to learn the business of your client.
- Partner effectively with HR specialist groups including Learning & Development, Employee and Labor Relations, Recruiting, HR Services, and Compensation.
- Work with the business and others in HR to develop effective organizational structures and on specific job design and leveling to drive organizational health.
- Proactively identify opportunities and assess improvements to the employee experience and partner with management to develop and implement innovative and lasting solutions.
- Be a leader throughout Tesla. Advise, mentor/coach and guide all levels of management to develop positive employee engagement capability and leadership skills.
- Build credibility and trust among employees. Resolve employee concerns through compassion, a systematic approach, clear documentation and follow-through.
- Partner with the business to build engaged, high-performing teams
- Consult and advise on succession planning, talent reviews and driving the annual merit planning cycle.
- Actively develop our team members.
- In partnership with leaders, develop workforce plans that ensure our success for the long term.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in relevant work experience.
- 4+ years’ experience in a HR Business Partner or other HR role including coaching, employee relations, recruiting, compensation, training and HR project management or program implementation.
- Experience objectively coaching employees and management through complex, difficult and emotional issues.
- Applied knowledge of federal, state and local laws and statutes for employment. Thorough understanding and hands-on application of internal and external HR principles, concepts, practices and standards.
- Demonstrated experience in organizational development, change management, coaching and communications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with all levels of the organization and positively influence teams.
- Proven planning and organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication; must be a clear, concise and persuasive communicator.
- Evidence of exceptional ability.