The Hazardous Waste Technician will report directly to the Hazardous Waste Operations Supervisor. The Technician will have responsibility for the performance of tasks associated with the collection and handling of hazardous waste materials from Tesla Manufacturing locations.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, self-driven and works well with cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate also takes pride in his/her analytical abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He/she appreciates a setting where superior work is encouraged, recognized, and rewarded. This position is based out of Fremont, CA and it will involve some travel to local Tesla sites.
- Perform collection of hazardous waste containers from manufacturing processes, as required
- Conduct site inspections and reporting
- Provide emergency spill response and cleanup
- Ensure all spills are properly logged in a timely manner
- Perform decontamination and equipment cleaning
- Perform breakdown and processing of waste streams such as filters, batteries and air bags
- Ensure proper packaging of hazardous waste to maintain compliance
- Respond to ad hoc requests for hazardous waste pick up
- Sort and segregate hazardous wastes into RCRA and NON-RCRA waste streams
- Prepare loads for hazardous waste disposal
- Ensure hazardous waste containers are properly labeled
- Conduct manifesting and pre-load preparation
- Ensure hazardous waste containers are disposed of within the allotted time
- Provide on-call coverage due to PTO, training, weekend work, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all Tesla requirements for managing hazardous waste
- Load or unload materials into containers or onto trucks utilizing material handling equipment
- High school graduate preferred
- 2+ years of experience in high tech industry or similar environment.
- 40 hour HAZWOPER training
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
- Ability to operate mobile equipment such as forklifts, tuggers and carts
- Valid driver license may be required
- Ability to interface with manufacturing associates
- Proficient in Outlook and Wor