The Group Manager will develop, implement and evaluate the company’s procurement strategies and processes. This individual will lead, mentor and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in purchasing within this commodity. This person will drive efforts to ensure that purchased materials support quality, cost, inventory and service level requirements. The ideal candidate will be an accomplished leader who has expertise in the Purchasing discipline as well as other business functions in a large scale manufacturing environment. This person should possess a minimum of 5-10 years of purchasing/supply chain experience with at least 4 years at the management level. This individual must demonstrate well-rounded business acumen, the ability to develop people and not be afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Develop and implement component sourcing strategy.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies that utilize negotiation and purchasing techniques ensuring the very best quality, cost, delivery, and service.
- Manage supplier relations and supply agreement compliance while maintaining highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Oversees cradle-to-grave process from intent to purchase, new supplier on-boarding, performance, and supplier exit. Tracks supplier performance using dashboards for quality, delivery, service and cost.
- Deliver aggressive cost reduction objectives.
- Continuously analyze market and delivery conditions to ensure present and future material availability.
- Work with Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering to develop product specifications and source new components.
- Identify and evaluate new/increased sources of supply that support plant expansions, new products, and sustainability objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Engineering or Chemistry and/or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Engineering or Chemistry preferred.
- Expertise in world class procurement operations and migration there to. Capable of driving change while maintaining positive internal relations.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted purchasing practices, contract negotiation, related laws and regulations.
- Work flow and process optimization skills.
- Supplier scorecard techniques that drive supplier management
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, analytical, and problem solving skills. Passion for results, strategy, and execution. Creative, calculated risk taker.
- Track record of project leadership including partnership/team- building with interdependent functions in Operations, Engineering, Quality, Styling and Finance.