The General Laborer will be part of Tesla’s Energy Operations team. As a member of this team the General Laborer will assist installation crews with pre-construction tasks and operate independently to resolve post installation construction work. It is the responsibility of every team member to ensure safe work practices for Tesla’s installation team. New hire training and continued training will be provided.
- Collaborate with Field Installation Crews to perform pre-construction and additional scopes of work outside the Crew’s core competencies, including trenching and rafter upgrades.
- Complete Post installation work, including drywall and paint repair, miscellaneous punch list tasks
- Complete system maintenance tasks, including pest evictions, pest and pest waste clean-up, and install pest abatement systems
- Work alone, lead a small team or collaborate with installation crews to ensure work is completed timely, professionally, to a high quality standard and to customer expectations
- Ensure all related equipment necessary is available, onsite and cleaned up
- Communicate job status to the customer and leadership
- Document and update job status in the company database
- Lead efforts for safe work practices for the installation teams
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Provide an exceptional customer experience to all customers throughout the process
- Additional duties required as needed
At least 2 years experience with residential PV systems.
Must be comfortable working around pests and pest waste while following appropriate safety policies
Ability to meet company driving standards and safety operate company vehicles
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, etc.)
Capable of working at heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders and stairs; and performing repetitious duties, including lifting, bending and standing for long periods of time.
Experience using basic hand and power tools
Basic computer skills