The Systems Integration Team owns the architecture and design that enables all of Tesla’s vehicle systems to work in unison. Our multidisciplinary team is on the forefront of new vehicle development, and contributes cross functionally to a variety of areas, including hardware, firmware, and more.
We are currently looking for a full stack software engineer with validation experience to build highly leveraged tools to bolster our integration systems. This will entail building full stack systems for real time vehicle data streams, manipulation of vehicle data across both the global and prototype fleets, and building services to allow Tesla’s engineering organization to develop, validate, and iterate more quickly.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, maintain and expand design of Tesla’s internal engineering tools related to harnesses, devices, vehicles, factory diagnostics, and vehicle firmware.
- Participate in next generation feature and tool development, validation, system architecture definition, end-to-end implementation from early prototype to full production release.
- Own and support existing software and hardware tools by scaling them for use across the entire engineering organization worldwide while maintaining reliability.
- Write translators (APIs) between applications and various internal and third-party design software packages.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement architectural improvements for faster engineering design cycle iterations.
- BS/CS/EE or higher in computer science or related, or proof of exceptional skills in related fields, with practical engineering experience.
- Open to hiring at all levels from recent graduate, Senior to Staff.
- Python development/validation experience (2.x, 3.x).
- Knowledge with web technologies and web frameworks (React/Node/Dash/PHP/CSS, etc).
- Experience with workflow management platforms (Airflow or similar).
- Basic knowledge of stream processing systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ, or similar).
- Experience with scalable map-reduce data processing preferred (Spark, Hadoop, or similar).
- Basic knowledge of machine learning and data analytics.
- Experience with at least one of MySQL/Postgres/NoSQL databases.
- Experience with containerization (Docker or similar).
- Experience with build systems, automation, continuous integration (Rundeck, Jenkins or similar).
- Experience in building highly scalable architectures.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment on a number of different projects.