Tesla is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Infotainment team within our Vehicle Software org. This position will directly help in creating a more scalable UI automation infrastructure, ensuring we can meet the demand for increased testing activities, lower barrier to entry in automation tooling, and handling of new vehicle platforms/variants with minimal overhead. You will work with other automation engineers, developers, and user experience testers to ensure new features are well tested through automation. You be will be responsible for developing automated tests to cover all new and legacy features.
- Develop automation framework & test scripts that validate UI/UX functionality specific to our Infotainment system (music, multimedia, games etc).
- Work closely with automation engineers, developers and UX testers to ensure the UI features are well test through automation before release.
- Collaborate with our frameworks team to integrate these automated test cases into our continuous integration pipelines.
- Investigate failures of automated test executions and maintain regression tests.
- BS in Computer Science, Physics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or proof of exceptional skills in related fields or practical software engineering experience.
- 1+ year of software testing, automation development and/or QA Engineering experience (hiring all levels).
- Desire to work in a fast paced, demanding and highly collaborative environment.
- UI/Multimedia application development is a plus.
- Familiar with Linux/Unix environments.
- Strong experience with industry standard development and/or automation tools (Stash, JIRA, Jenkins, Git, Docker, etc).
- Familiarity with industry continuous integration concepts.
- Strong coding skills with one of the following: Python, C++, Java or Ruby.