Tesla is currently seeking a Full-stack Web Developer to join the Digital Experience team. You are highly motivated, detail-oriented, and not afraid to try new things. You will be part of a small web development team - so you must be a problem solver, a fast learner, and comfortable wearing many hats.
- Support migration from existing Drupal 7 to the new Drupal 8 site
- Build reusable components, templates, code and libraries
- Work with our UX and product teams to create amazing user experiences for our customers on the Tesla.com website
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and performance
- Participate in agile and scrum best practices, continuous integration and delivery (CI-CD) in a fast-paced agile environment
- B.S. or higher studies in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
- 2+ years professional experience w/ Drupal 7 or 8 in consumer facing applications
- Excellent mastery of web standards, cross-browser compatibility, accessibility and SEO.
- Solid understanding of fundamental web technologies such as HTTP, REST, AJAX and JSON.
- Strong backend skills (PHP, integration with REST APIs)
- Strong CSS skills w/ experience building pixel-perfect responsive sites across a variety of browsers and devices using modern CSS3 techniques
- Attention to detail and an appreciation for design and beautiful UX
- Experience with Git
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and familiarity with modern Agile development methodologies
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience building component-based themes using PatternLab, Emulsify or similar tools
- Experience with React.js