The Role - Field Technical Specialist (Western Canada)
The Tesla Field Technical Specialist position requires someone who is flexible, proactive, highly organized, and hard working. Individuals should have a passion for and understanding of electric vehicles and Tesla’s mission. Must have outstanding technical, communication, presentation, and organizational skills, while demonstrating a positive and professional approach.
- Provides high level technical field support to, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, and troubleshooting our vehicles.
- Engage in technical training and coaching to the field by providing the latest diagnosis product changes and information.
- Responds to situations where service technicians or product support has failed to isolate or fix an issue
- Intercept and resolve technical escalations that would normally need to be resolved by specialized Service Engineers.
- Work directly with the field to reduce and eliminate systemic technical causes of vehicles aging in service.
- Create, edit, and improve technical articles and other service reference systems at Tesla.
- Experience and ability to generate field reports of a technical or operational nature.
- Report critical issues and help create potential improvements with Engineering
- Reports design, reliability, and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. Recognize trends and patterns in field failures and provide potential solutions.
- Identify possible improved service methodologies and collaborate directly with Engineering and the field to implement these improvements. The goal is to improve service methods to a level that eliminates the need for the field to escalate technical issues.
- Work directly with the appropriate systems engineers to help create automated diagnostic routines automate troubleshooting and resolve technical issues.
- Investigate and report on high profile incidents in cooperation with Tesla Legal and Engineering.
- Will potentially spend 50-60% of the time on site or traveling in the region. Some travel outside the region will also occur.
- Degree or Certificate from a University/College program in Automotive Technology or the equivalent in experience, as well as evidence of exceptional ability.
- Automotive Service Technician background required.
- Experience in diagnosing hardware and software systems. Previous roles performing field or remote support of complex software or hardware, like in the role of a field or remote application engineer, is extremely beneficial.
- Ability to solve unique software and hardware problems which may not have been encountered before.
- Understanding and application of electronics and electrical theory required.
- Experience using Linux based operating systems are required.
- Experience with Python, C/C++ or an equivalent scripting language are a distinct advantage.
- Ability to establish priorities and manage workload effectively and efficiently.
- Expected to be local to and work in Vancouver or surround area.
As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
Back-up childcare and employee discounts