Fastener Engineer – Joint Analysis
The successful candidate will have extensive theoretical and hands-on experience in all facets of various mechanical joining technologies and related equipment, as well as experience managing new product introductions, joint design and optimization.
- Responsible for creating, designing and analyzing, each joint on the Tesla products.
- Responsible for Rotary Tool, Residual, Repair Torque value creations for each criticality level joint.
- Responsible for continuous process optimization in current production environment
- Lead and assist production in all quality and process related torque/clamp load topics and issues.
- Project management: implementing correct torque value for both in house and Tier assembled joints
- Procedures & PMs, develop & maintain proper documentation of all necessary procedures and information
- Work with Material Lab to prioritize, execute and report each joint test.
- Manage joint verification process and implementation
- BS/MS Degree in Mechanical, Materials Engineering or related field
- Exceptional understanding of the interactions between the torque, clamp load, friction
- 5+ years of experience in fastener engineering or related field
- Experience developing torque values based on design requirements
- 5+ years of experience of 2D and 3D design (Catia V5 Preferred)
- Experience on fastener/joint tests, (e.g. destructive and non-destructive tests clamp load, torque, joint slip test)
- Experience with GD&T and quality control.
- Strong understanding of high-volume manufacturing procedures and tools