This position will be on the front lines of Tesla Motors’ Factory systems support. Factory systems support techs will be the face of IT applications and infrastructure for internal customers. The primary task of this position will be to troubleshoot and resolve endpoint issues, install and support the systems, and assist with the day-to-day operations for Tesla’s global IT applications and infrastructure to provide for the growth of Tesla’s initiatives. These duties will be performed in compliance with policy guidelines and within timeframes as defined in the team’s SLAs and/or project requirements.
Provide day-to-day delivery and technical support for end-users of factory systems, IT hardware, and other operations associated with factory systems.
- Provide tier 1 support for factory systems.
- Ability to quickly identify issues and diagnose whether an escalation is needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, based on the business need.
- Provide systems support for various manufacturing trials.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to multi-task: Handle multiple issues at once.
- Exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines\standards.
- Organize and prioritize workflow to meet established timeframes for trials.
- Maintain updated knowledge of policies, procedures, products and activities of assigned area.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent training/education.
- Experience in desktop support and must have 2 years of experience supporting international and or global organizations.
- Experience in providing support for large scale execution systems a must.
- Good and impactful communication skills are a must.
- Experience in Backups, Active Directory, Exchange 2007/2010, and Windows server environments.
- Knowledge of IP networks, DNS, DHCP and experience with troubleshooting all aspects of wired and wireless configurations.
- Experienced in remote customer support including wireless LAN access, VPN, DSL, and Cable services
- Experience in Backups, Active Directory, Exchange 2007/2010, and Windows server environments
- Experienced in supporting smartphones (Blackberry, Droid, iPhone and iPad) and other mobile devices
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues with PC’s, Powerful Workstations, Laptop hardware and software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and able to communicate, read, and write effectively in the English language on all levels.
- Excellent customer service skills, strong attention to details with excellent follow up
- General understanding of, virtualization and business applications
- Travel to and from Tesla offices both domestically and internationally required
- Strong team-player
- Strong attention to detail.
- Stress tolerance.
- Able to thrive in a Dynamic and Innovative environment.
- Strong personal integrity and has the highest