The Equipment Maintenance technician will work as a member of the Test Facilities & Equipment Engineering Team within the Engineering Test Organization.
This position will support Reliability/Durability, Strength, Environmental, Safety and Performance Test teams.
The primary objective of this role is to establish and maintain safe lab operations through installation, preventive maintenance and repair of test equipment, workshop assets and facility infrastructure. The successful candidate for this position must have a broad background and a proven record of success in equipment maintenance/repair and workshop organization/management.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a requirement to establish effective working relationships within Tesla. The successful candidate for this position takes pride in his/her hands-on abilities, organization skills and attention to detail. He/she appreciates a dynamic & fast-paced work environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
This role will be primarily based in Fremont, but some travel will be required to support other sites around the south bay areaResponsibilities
Perform the installation and commissioning of test equipment, workshop assets and facility infrastructure
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair of test equipment, workshop assets and facility infrastructure
- Interact with outside contractors and service personnel to manage equipment installation, commissioning or repair projects
- Mentoring of less experienced technicians as appropriate and required
- 2-year technical (Trade School) Degree or equivalent work experience in
Industrial/Manufacturing Equipment Repair Industry
- Experience with Refrigeration Systems
- Experience with Digital Multimeters
- Previous experience with repair of Test Equipment preferred
- Hands-on technical experience in diagnosing/troubleshooting equipment failures and their repair
- Ability to operate and maintain a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools and shop equipment
- Fluent with Blue Prints and Schematics (electrical/plumbing/refrigeration/controls)
- Experience with soldering/brazing (copper-to-copper/copper-to-brass/copper-to-steel)
- Ability to follow oral, written, email, and text message instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Ability remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success
- Maintain flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments, coping with rapidly changing information
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including the public
- Work in a team-based environment to achieve common goals
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Willingness to work on a late shift – normal work hours would be from approximately 12pm to 9pm, Monday to Friday with some weekend hours as and when needed
- Experience with MS office tools (Outlook/Excel/Word/PowerPoint/), and Adobe products
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must have ability to lift 50lbs