Regulatory product compliance is a critical business function and a rapidly expanding sector. The role facilitates global market access by leveraging product and process legislation. Regulatory complexity is increasing and continuously evolving with many local, national, and international codes, standards, and regulations.
Tesla is seeking a dynamic and creative person to join the regulatory compliance engineering team to lead environmental compliance for Solar, Energy Storage Systems (ESS), and Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Systems.
You will be responsible for ensuring Tesla products comply with national and international environmental laws and regulations. This position will also serve as the environmental subject matter expert and the main regulatory point of contact within the product compliance team.
This role will oversee all compliance related activities associated with the applicable environmental regulations and directives, REACH Regulation, WEEE Directive, RoHS I/II (III) Directive, Prop 65, Batteries Directive, Ship Recycling Regulations including the Hong Kong Convention, as well as Environmental Operating Permits.
- Ensure Tesla Energy and Off-board charging products are in compliance with all applicable local, national, and international environmental laws and regulations
- Develop and maintain environmental legal registers/databases
- Leads all product registrations and permitting applications
- Collect, analyze, and interpret environmental data to assess risk and evaluate compliance
- Prepare and submit all required environmental compliance reports to the relevant stakeholders
- Interface with regulatory authorities to oversee regulatory audits/inspections
- Facilitate third-party laboratory evaluations to achieve product environmental compliance
- Identify, analyze, and track new and emerging environmental regulations, including participation in legislative development
- Implement and improve programs and procedures to manage and sustain compliance certifications and registrations
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental, Chemical, Environmental Science or a closely related engineering discipline; or equivalent in experience
- Three or more years of experience managing environmental compliance programs
- Strong technical knowledge and skills implementing and complying with REACH Regulation, WEEE Directive, RoHS I/II (III) Directive, Batteries Directive, Ship Recycling Regulation and Directive & Hong Kong Convention at a large manufacturing facility
- Evidence of exceptional ability and demonstrated success managing environmental compliance programs
- Strong understanding of EU CE marking process, North American, and APAC environmental regulations
- Demonstrated experience taking products through the certification process
- Proficient in Microsoft applications