Tesla Plastics Center is looking for an Engineering Technician to support the plastics production operation, develop/implement application of a wide variety of plastics processes. This role will be working closely with the Plastics Engineering team to tackle any aspect of equipment operation and process troubleshooting, as well as robot/End-Of-Arm-Tooling/automation troubleshooting. In short, keep the equipment running and making good parts.
- Support on production equipment operations, robot programming/troubleshooting for injection molding machines as well as fascia assembly equipment (robots, punch & ultrasonic welding machines, bolt-feeder system, vision camera detection system, etc.)
- Troubleshoot/repair/PM of End-of-Arm-Tooling equipment on plastics molding operations
- Assist on assembly of prototype manufacturing equipment for engineering team
- Execute technician tasks independently after initial instruction
- Lead other technicians’ work on large assembly projects
- 3 years + experience in engineering technician role preferred
- Experience in robot programming (Fanuc/Motoman) strongly preferred
- Basic PLC troubleshooting preferred
- Strong understanding of engineering and reliability fundamentals
- Ability to operate and maintain a wide variety of hand tools
- Low voltage and control system experience preferred.
- Experience with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success
- Positive attitude, eagerness to learn and ability to change direction quickly