As an Engineering Technician with our Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH) team you will play a critical role in the development of Tesla’s industry-leading products. You will help bring the electric vehicle and energy storage products we design to life, and ensure their acoustic integrity. You will work side-by-side with fellow NVH staff and other engineering teams to solve the toughest challenges in the industry and deliver world-class performance.
Work independently or alongside other NVH technicians to complete vehicle retrofits and adaptations for NVH performance evaluation.
- Install countermeasures in test vehicles to measure NVH improvement.
- Contribute to fabrication of prototype parts and/or vehicles for engineering development
- Assess vehicle performance for NVH – squeak and rattle, brake noise, drive unit noise, road and wind noise, HVAC noise.
- Perform audit of production vehicles and production assembly process for NVH as necessary.
- Utilize all shop and NVH lab equipment as needed.
- Maintain NVH fleet vehicles in excellent condition.
- Maintain test equipment.
- Prep vehicle instrumentation with accelerometers and microphones.
- Record test data during vehicle NVH testing.
Demonstrated proficiency and experience troubleshooting automotive vehicles, dealership experience preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of vehicle and vehicle subsystems operation; knowledge of electric vehicle architecture is preferred.
- Basic understanding of vehicle Noise, Vibration and Harshness.
- Basic understanding of vehicle instrumentation and CAN communication systems.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (English), with Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent team player, with ability to work independently.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, overtime and weekends when required to meet project deadlines.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, supply own tools and ability to lift up to 50 lbs.