Tesla is looking for a highly motivated Engineering Technicians to lead and support cell and module inspection, root cause analysis, critical Li-ion cell component analysis, and data analysis in both manufacturing and lab environments for Cell Manufacturing.
- Support all aspects of Cell Manufacturing, provide root cause analysis.
- Work closely with manufacturing and suppliers to drive rapid improvement of observed inline and field issues, establish processes and procedures that will ensure consistently high quality.
- Analyze and interpret data independently, develop new hardware and software tools to increase our detection capabilities and decrease labor.
- Support FMEA activities to ensure design and manufacturing issues are identified and risks mitigated.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of manufacturing quality issues, contain parts or products as needed, sort parts for quality requirements.
- Assist in cell disposition, and excursions. Work closely with Tesla and suppliers to quickly identify and resolve any cell-related issues.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to determine product specifications and tolerances.
- Process and implement Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) as required.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities, with manufacturing and external suppliers.
- Work with Engineering and Suppliers to develop specifications that support production requirements.
- Anticipate potential problems and take preventative action.
- 4+ years of detailed hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of product design, procedures and practices of root cause analysis and typical issues and resolution pathways.
- Metal working and other general fabrication skills including: Knowledge of hand and power tools, pneumatic equipment included Machine shop items: Band saws, grinders, mill and lathe operation a plus.
- Knowledge of electrical hazards. Including precautionary measures around High Voltage equipment and spinning machinery.
- Ability to use basic electrical tools: Digital Multi-meter, Meg-Ohm tester Thermal couple Meters.
- Basic wiring knowledge, ability to connect sensors, power supplies, and Data Acquisition to test platforms
- Experience in high and low voltage systems experience
- Above average manual dexterity and visual acuity are required in order to perform delicate assembly and disassembly tasks.
- Ability and passion to perform hands-on tasks such as cell openings and inspections.
- Interface, perform inspections or other job function in multiple Bay Area Tesla facilities and/or groups, including Tesla Fremont factory, Tesla Headquarters, Lathrop Remanufacturing.
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills, excellent communication skills.
- Strong desire to learn and use advanced characterization and analysis techniques in cell quality work processes
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, ability to lift and sort parts of up to 20 pounds as needed.
- Experience within in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Ability to use technological tools and business system applications to manage, synthesize, and interpret data.
- Ability to operate relevant personal computing hardware and standard software.