Materials and Joints
- Benchmarking and continuous development of material and joint simulation methodologies.
- Coordination with Materials Engineering and Test Engineering for coupon testing of materials and joints.
- Characterization of CAE material and joint cards to support all Tesla solvers.
- Validation of material and joint cards with subsystem testing.
- Management of CAE material database and integration with MARS.
- Classification of material and joint data quality and card sophistication.
Crash Safety Analyst
- Perform advanced CAE simulations to evaluate and improve component level and full vehicle crashworthiness performance.
- Collaborate with Test Engineering teams to develop and support subsystem level and full vehicle crash tests.
- Perform detailed post-crash test analysis and correlate CAE simulations to test results.
- Use correlated simulations and work closely with cross-functional engineering teams to progress the design and improve the crash safety performance.
- Detailed and applied knowledge of Finite Element Analysis, Applied Solid Mechanics, Material Science and Numerical Methods in a product development environment.
- Detailed and applied software experience in CAE pre-processors, solvers and post- processors in a product development environment. ANSA, PRIMER, LS-DYNA, HyperWorks and META preferred. Additional experience in Nastran and Abaqus beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with teams on problems that are challenging to solve and requiring innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to deconstruct complex crash test scenarios with good logic and analytics.
- Demonstrated ability in iterative and collaborative engineering environments – success in roles requiring high levels of technical communication and interpretation of analytical results to design engineers and technical leadership.