Tesla is looking for a motivated and accomplished Design Project Coordinator to join our infrastructure team. The role requires a highly organized mindset, a passion for driving multi-disciplinary projects, and an unparalleled ability to pull people together to make things happen. Our program schedules push the limits of what is physically possible. This requires you to be extremely detail oriented, identify real hard barriers and drive the cross-functional teams to execute quickly at high quality. You will drive collaboration between Engineering disciplines, Construction, Manufacturing and Production to ensure our team’s goals are aligned with company priorities. You will work to understand the opportunities and challenges of each project, organize scattered information into a concise and complete message, document and communicate to every team member.
- Consistently provide a high level of customer service to Tesla staff, vendors, business partners and guests while at times, being the client interface.
- Meeting coordination and conference room reservations & set-up, as needed. Attend meetings, if necessary, for taking minutes and documenting other information.
- Managing workload – prioritizing work and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Project Start-Up task tracking including contracts, RFPs, work authorizations, creation and/or maintenance of project directories, cloud-based file sharing sites, opening project and sub-project numbers.
- Early Project Phases tasks including but not limited to consultant contracts and contacts, consultant work authorizations, accurate project file documentation, project filing, copying/scanning, creation/maintenance of various spreadsheets, correspondence, maintenance of logs (project IDs, scope, schedule, responsible parties), meeting coordination and video conference set-up as required, preparation of meeting agendas/notes, and org charts/calendars for the team.
- Design Documentation/Construction Administration Phases tasks include file sharing, design review documentation, meeting minutes, issue resolution logs, RFI/Submittal logs.
- Coordination with AHJ’s including permit submissions, project reviews, processing fees.
- Project Close-Out tasks include as-built documentation archiving including plan, equipment schedule, and single line consolidation.
- Special duties and projects, as assigned or necessary including coverage of other coordinators.
- 5 + years of experience in an supportive capacity preferably with an engineering, architecture or construction firm.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM).
- Ability to effectively prioritize with strong time management skills and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail with a strong sense of urgency.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Bluebeam, Aconex, PlanGrid, and or Procore preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal guidance; proactive, motivated self-starter.