As an Engineering Technician in the Seat Engineering Department, you will be supporting the Design Engineering activities from concept to End of Life as well as problem solving of existing products within the seating realm.
Typical commodities include seating structures, mechanisms, actuators, foam, wire harnesses, controllers, PCBs, sensors, trim. A seat can be defined as a product which enables comfortable support for vehicle occupants. In some sense it can be viewed as a moving robotic structural art piece.
Team members typically play dual roles as experts and polymaths. Each team member typically uses their particular expertise as their super power to complement the team. Overall, we employ an ethos of “get the Job done!” You shall report to the Manager of Seating and this position resides in Tesla’s Vehicle Engineering Team.
The Team operates globally and has many locations (Fremont (HQ), Shanghai, Berlin). In this current regard you shall primarily operate in Fremont.RESPONSIBILITIES
In general, as an integrated part of the seating team, you will handle and coordinate the developmental hardware associated with the Team’s activities.
Primary responsibilities and activities:
- Developmental build coordination.
- Test series schedule keeping.
- Test sample coordination.
- Vehicle build coordination.
- Light prototype assembly support.
- Light electrical prototyping work.
- Develop advanced work instructions for Assembly Process.
- Serviceability Processes documentation.
- Developmental hardware keeping.
- Manage designated Team work spaces.
- Associates Degree in Science or Engineering related, or equivalent experience
- 2 years of experience. Less than 1 year one should have experience with a dedicated build project.
- Demonstrated interest in multidisciplinary engineering technician activities.
- Some hands on experience where you have built something.
- Hand-sketching [one of the many engineering languages].
- Automotive engineering with seating experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Have a good mix of working with a variety of materials (stamped, injection mold, electrical etc.)
- Email, Word Processor and Spreadsheet capable.
- Demonstrated ability to manage difficult projects with tight timing constraints and provide examples of such scenarios throughout your career.
- Evidence of Exceptional Ability