Data Engineer | Gigafactory New York [Buffalo]
We are looking for a Data Engineer to be part of our team. This person will lead the design, development, maintenance and support of data reporting for the GFNY Tesla Energy business. This position offers unique opportunity to make significant impact to the entire organization in developing data tools and driving data driven culture.
- Identify process gaps and areas for optimization and automation
- Work in a time constrained environment to analyze, design, develop and deliver Enterprise Data Warehouse solutions
- Create ETL pipelines using Python
- Develop collaborative relationships with key business sponsors and IT resources for the efficient resolution of work requests.
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for newly proposed functionality enhancements
- Communicate technical and business topics, as appropriate, in a 360-degree fashion, when required; communicate using written, verbal and/or presentation materials as necessary.
- Utilize technical and domain knowledge to develop and implement effective solutions; provide hands on mentoring to team members through all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Agile practices.
- Coordinate effectively with cross functional teams
- Work with business stakeholders to develop elegant, efficient solutions
- Define key performance indicators to track process operational performance and apply data mining, analysis and visualization for KPI reporting
- Support management with dashboards, KPIs and ad-hoc analyses
- Mentor and lead data engineers providing technical guidance and oversight
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative field strongly preferred
- 2+ years of experience in creating data pipelines using Python
- 2+ years of experience in creating and updating existing visual reports using Tableau/Power BI
- Strong experience with relational databases like SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle.
- Experience with design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, source of truth systems for different business areas, developing and maintaining web services in an agile environment
- Strong experience in Data Warehouse ETL design and development, methodologies, tools, processes and best practices
- Deep statistical skills such as utilized in A/B testing, analyzing observational data, and modeling
- Strong experience in stellar dashboards and reports creation for C-level executives
- Excellent query writing skill and communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail