The Crew Lead will be part of Tesla’s Energy Field Operations team, responsible for completing residential re-roofs and Solarglass roof installations. This is an exciting and one-of-a-kind role in scaling to market our newest Solarglass roof product, while enabling our mission to accelerate sustainable energy generation.
This person will function as the leader on the roofing team, work collaboratively with the team, customer, sub-contractors and governing agencies to complete high-quality jobs on time and ensure safety of all team members and oneself. The ideal candidate should demonstrate enthusiasm for Tesla’s mission and a steadfast commitment to customer service.
- Work cooperatively with a team on residential re-roofs and Solarglass roof installations
- Communicate with customers about the project, installation and commissioning of system·
- Pull inventory and ensure all materials are available and prepped for successful job completion
- Document job status and completion to management
- Maintain a clean job site
- Deliver exceptional customer experience at each installation
- Attend new hire training as well as ongoing training sessions and weekly team meetings on new products, installation methodology and safety
- Work on residential Solar PV Installation jobs as needed:
- Layout and assist in the assembly of solar modules / array, mounting hardware, and electrical equipment.
- Electrical wiring of solar array/system (AC and DC)
- Additional duties required as needed
- Must have a minimum of 5 years roofing experience; including metal, concrete tile, clay tile, comp, shingle, or wood shake.
- Experience leading a crew of two or more.
- Ability to effectively communicate and train team members on new techniques and installation methods
- Ability to problem solve with quick resolution to keep project moving forward
- Ability to work in challenging environments (hot sun, cold, wind, tight spaces, etc.).
- Capable of standing for long stretches of time and working at heights (on rooftops, climb ladders and stairs)
- Ability to safely handle tools and materials commonly found in construction and solar industries, such as: ladders, inverters, solar panels, panel boards and other similar electrical equipment, lumber, roofing materials, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including but not limited to peers and customers.
- Regular, reliable and predictable performance required
- Strong focus on customer service
- Must be at least 18 years of age
As a full time, Tesla employee, you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
⦁ Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
⦁ 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
⦁ Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
⦁ Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
⦁ 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
⦁ Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holiday
⦁ Back-up childcare and employee discounts
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.00 - $28.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Solar: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)