The Cost Analyst, reporting to the Manufacturing accounting manager/lead in Fremont, CA, will interface with operatives and leaders across multiple departments, including but not limited to Operations, Supply Chain, Facilities management, R&D and Manufacturing.
- Responsible for setting up the standard cost for labor overhead and bill of material.
- Validate and analyze the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
- Work closely and partner with Inventory control team, NPI team and factory internal audit team to monitor, track and improve the factory cycle count process and inventory accuracy
- Work with Fremont Fixed asset team and Reno operation team to coordinate the fixed asset cycle (purchase, AUC, retirement or impairment)
- Perform variance analysis such as Purchase Price to Cost variance, cost revaluation, Invoice to PO price variances and work order variances.
- Partner with FP&A Finance and Eng team to ensure Bill of Material accuracy including knowledge of cost reduction impact on financials
- Ensure process integrity within Manufacturing, Intercompany, and Inventory while working with cross-functional peers to resolve process issues.
- Maintain phenomenal relationships with Business Partners and Accounting peers to address information reporting needs. Prepare Accounting schedules routinely and as requested for internal and external reporting requirements.
- Document controls, processes and procedures related to manufacturing accounting and ensure SOX 404 compliance
- Assist with and ensure successful quarterly and year end audits
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related area (or equivalent), ideally from a top tier school, CPA or MBA preferred, but not required
- 5-7 years’ experience in Accounting preferably in a large manufacturing environment with evidence of exceptional ability (Experience in solar industry is a significant advantage and will be preferred)
- Ability to understand the manufacturing environment and the associated financial processes; Knowledge of supply chain, receiving, inventory flow, operations process and manufacturing principles
- Strong ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Ability to effectively analyze transactional level detail in an enterprise resource planning system and articulate the key findings to management
- Strong business skills and effective understanding of financial, distribution and manufacturing systems
- Ability to multi-task and drive actions to completion under strict deadlines.
- Must be able to collaborate and build positive relationships with other teams within Finance as well as cross-functionally outside Finance to effectively make recommendations, implement process improvements, etc.
- Positive “can do” attitude and highly analytical; enjoys challenges
- Detail oriented and comfortable working with large data sets
- Action-oriented and solution-driven with the ability to thrive in a fast pace environment