We are looking for a highly motivated individual to support the Supercharger deployment team. This person must have a construction background; general contractor’s experience is highly valued. The role will oversee multiple construction projects and enforce budget, timeline, fit, finish, and safety requirements. A get-it-done mentality for all situations is expected.
- Get the most world-class Supercharger sites built in the shortest amount of time for the least amount of money.
- Provide related feedback to the deployment, development, and engineering team on how to design equipment and sites for better/faster/cheaper site builds. Help design and implement those improvements.
- Coordinates the timely processing and approvals of all shop drawings to and from subcontractors and architects/engineers.
- Coordinate with Project Managers to timely process change requests and change orders
- Distribute drawing and design revisions, bulletins, etc. to Project Manager, Super and all trades.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and written. Prepare weekly construction reports with photos, schedule, etc.
- Expedites project close-out requirements including municipal sign offs, as-built drawings, final project photos, etc.
- Maintain a high level of productivity. Balance a large number of concurrent tasks. Effectively prioritize efforts.
- Foresee necessary work and organize and disseminate information as needed. Maintain project schedules.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or a related subject and 4-6 years of increasingly responsible estimating and project management experience, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Thorough understanding of construction administration processes, including contracts, budgets, construction documents, change orders, schedules, RFIs, submittals, and material procurement.
- Advanced knowledge of construction means and methods
- Strong understanding of AC and DC power, transformers, circuit protection, single-line electrical and mechanical diagrams, and construction drawings.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Must have the ability to discuss technical topics with a variety of audiences – contractors, engineers, and members of various divisions within Tesla.
- Class A general contractor’s license a plus but not required
- Available for extensive travel (50%+), often on short notice.
- Ability to obtain an U.S. passport.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- As a fulltime Tesla employee, you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts