Do you have a passion for accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy? As a Commercial Field Service Technician, you will report to the Field Manager and provide diagnostic, troubleshooting, preventive and corrective maintenance services to Tesla’s energy products including but not limited to:
- Commercial solar PV systems
The Tesla Energy Field Energy Operations team is responsible for the ongoing success of Tesla Energy’s class leading fleet of energy products. As part of our team, you will be empowered to work across all of Tesla to solve problems and ensure the success of our Commercial Energy field service execution. Working cross-functionally with Field Service Technician and Electrician counterparts, Environment and Operations personnel, Health and Safety, and Field Service Leadership teams, you will leverage your hands-on knowledge and experience to ensure a positive customer experience and exceptional performance of Tesla’s Commercial products.
- Perform required preventive maintenance activities on commercial inverters to maintain warranty coverage.
- Respond to corrective maintenance cases on commercial solar PV, commercial energy storage systems, vehicle charging stations and updating online case logs accurately.
- Attend and demonstrate outstanding performance at multiple inverter training schools.
- Work closely with members of the Operations Engineering Systems Reliability team to respond to open case directions and provide data where requested.
- Report writing, where required, to comply with deliverables in commercial O&M contracts.
- Respond to customers’ concerns with the performance or functionality of their system.
- Ensure the vehicle, tooling, electronics, software, and company issued property are well-kept.
- Understanding of the NEC codes that relate to solar PV installations, and knowledge of NFPA 70E practices.
- Proficiency in installing grid-tied inverters and ability to work with various ground and roof mount racking systems.
- Proficient working with spreadsheets, word processing, and computer-based applications (e.g. time tracking, case management, etc.).
- 100% TRAVELING ROLE - Must be able to travel up to 2 weeks at time (including weekends)
- Must have and maintain a valid license and an acceptable and safe driving record
Education and Experience
- Preferred industry experience in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting solar PV systems, battery storage or electric vehicle charging stations.
- Must be able to work at great heights, must be able to work in extreme environments, must be able to perform prolonged periods of repetitious duties, and must be able to lift at least 50 pounds frequently.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Electrical Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply