The Credit and Collections Specialist plays an important role in the overall success and health of the energy portfolio. The specialist works as part of a team in a fast-paced high impact environment. The Credit and Collections Specialist works to establish contact with past due customers and resolve delinquency in a timely manner through providing account information, resolving customer concerns, and negotiating payment arrangements that are acceptable to both the customer and the company. In certain circumstances, the specialist will collaborate with billing, accounts receivable, and various other internal departments to resolve disputes. A high degree of independent judgement is required to evaluate unique situations to determine account handling and resolution.
The Credit and Collections Specialist will manage relationships with external stakeholders and must be able to lead critical collections situations to resolution. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: assist with reporting, check processing and any other task related to accounts receivable.
As part of the Financial Operations Business Unit, the Credit and Collections Specialists goal is to work with the team and management to ensure that collections targets and portfolio goals are achieved. The primary responsibility of the specialist is to engage with past due customers and resolve delinquency, all while maintaining a positive long-standing relationship with the customer.
- The specialist will perform the following daily functions as part of the collections function
- Proactively contact customers though outbound phone calls.
- Handle inbound phone calls
- Proactively contact and respond to customers through e-mail and multi-channel efforts.
- Work with internal departments to resolve disputes
- Follow up with customers and internal departments to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and positive customer experience.
- Perform special projects as requested by management.
- Meet daily and monthly performance standards
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Evidence of exceptional ability
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Call Center experience preferred
- FDCPA knowledge a plus
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, with the flexibility to adapt quickly to change
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage shifting priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to positively and effectively interact with internal and external customers
- Ability to work well with other in a collaborative team environment