As an Analysis Engineer with our Analysis Engineering team, you will play a critical role in the development of the next generation Tesla products. You will analyze and optimize revolutionary vehicle designs never before executed, enabled by innovative clean-sheet design methodology and Tesla’s innovative EV architecture. You will be an innovative and skilled problem solver – using all analytical tools available to you. Where these tools are insufficient or do not exist, you will develop novel methodologies to enable fast and accurate solutions. You will be brilliant both technically as an individual, and as an active member in a diverse and challenging cross-functional team environment.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Develop strength and durability FE models for analysis and optimization of revolutionary vehicle architectures in collaboration with a small team of multi-disciplinary engineers.
- Develop CAE methods and process for solving engineering problems unique to Tesla’s EV architectures.
- Challenge established traditional CAE methods and process to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Collaboratively work with test engineers to create specifications for data acquisition and virtual loads prediction. Test and analytical data must be suitable for use as load input for CAE based Fatigue and Strength analysis.
- Use CAE tools to optimize mass for BIW, closures, chassis, and other sub-systems.
- Support world-class engineering teams with design direction based on your analyses.
- Perform analysis for feasibility for manufacturing, assembly and service processes.
- Provide input in the creation of component specification, component DFMEA, and other technical design documents where analysis plays a pivotal role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required, Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated successful experience in Finite Element Analysis, Applied Solid Mechanics and Numerical Methods within an automotive product development environment.
- Excellent applied software experience in NASTRAN, OPTISTRUCT or ABAQUS. Experience in LS DYNA beneficial. Pre-processor experience in Hyperworks or ANSA (Preferred).
- Experience using MSC Adams for the purpose of loads prediction (Preferred but not essential)
- Experience with either Design Life, or FE Safe fatigue software. Vibration based fatigue experience preferred.
- Ability to run Quasi Static, and dynamic strength analysis of structures using explicit solvers will be viewed highly favorably.
- Knowledge of optimization tools and techniques (Not required but preferred)
- Experience with Aluminum structures in at least one product development lifecycle is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others on problems that are unusual or difficult.
- Demonstrated ability in iterative and collaborative automotive engineering environments (at least 1 vehicle program) – success in roles requiring high levels of technical communication and interpretation of analytical results to Design Engineers and Technical Management.
- Strong preference (but not required) for experience in 3D CAD modeling - CATIA v5/v6.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver analysis on difficult projects with tight timing constraints
- English speaking proficiency.