As an Analysis Engineer with our Analysis Engineering team, you will play a critical role in the development of the next generation Tesla products. Tesla is synonymous with industry leading crash safety performance and in this role you will be responsible for analyzing and optimizing this performance with revolutionary vehicle designs. You will be an innovative and skilled problem solver – using all analytical tools available to you. Where these tools are insufficient or do not exist, you will develop novel methodologies to enable fast and accurate solutions. You will be strong both technically as an individual, and as an active member in a diverse and challenging cross-functional team environment.
- Manage the Build state-of-the-art finite element (FE) models.
- Develop and apply advanced crash safety FE methodologies and analysis techniques to
- drive innovation in design.
- Act as a subject matter expert in global crash safety requirements: both regulatory and
- non-mandatory safety assessment programs.
- Act as a subject matter expert in vehicle structural design and occupant protection for crashworthiness.
- Perform advanced CAE simulations to evaluate and improve component level and full vehicle crashworthiness performance.
- Collaborate with Test Engineering teams to develop and support subsystem level and full vehicle crash tests.
- Perform detailed post-crash test analysis and correlate CAE simulations to test results. Use correlated simulations and work closely with cross-functional engineering teams to progress the design and improve the crash safety performance.
- Where appropriate, conduct studies by utilizing optimization tools, including DOE/DFSS techniques on vehicle designs to meet performance requirements with the constraints of conflicting attributes like cost and mass.
- Perform analyses for feasibility of manufacturing, assembly and service processes.
- Provide input in the creation of design specification, DFMEA, and other technical design documents where analysis plays a pivotal role.
- Produce and perform concise management summaries and report-outs.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Detailed and applied knowledge of Finite Element Analysis, Applied Solid Mechanics, Material Science and Numerical Methods in a product development environment.
- Detailed and applied software experience in CAE pre-processors, solvers and post- processors in a product development environment. ANSA, PRIMER, LS-DYNA, HyperWorks and META preferred. Additional experience in Nastran and Abaqus beneficial.
- Experience working with aluminum, steel and composite structures for crashworthiness.
- Experience with biomechanics and analysis of occupant injury severity.
- Knowledge of optimization tools and techniques. e.g., Tosca, modeFrontier, Isight, LS-OPT.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with teams on problems that are challenging to solve and requiring innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to deconstruct complex crash test scenarios with good logic and analytics.
- Demonstrated ability in iterative and collaborative engineering environments – success in roles requiring high levels of technical communication and interpretation of analytical results to design engineers and technical leadership.
- Strong preference (but not required) for experience in 3D CAD modeling - CATIA v5 and v6.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver analysis on challenging projects with extremely tight timing constraints.
- English speaking proficiency.