Tesla is seeking a curious, engaging, and driven Manager to join the Body Repair Development team. Tesla body repair programs, like our customers, span the globe and require managers to maintain a global perspective while addressing the local challenges each of our markets face. As a Manager in Body Repair, you will manage complex, multi-disciplinary programs, architect the approach, design objectives, work with subject matter experts and content designers to develop repair solutions, and ensure effective and efficient implementation through all phases of the program(s).
This position requires a strong understanding of collision repair techniques, tooling and equipment, welding, bonding adhesives, and riveting equipment. You should be a pro-active problem solver who thrives working with a large number of stakeholders to drive cross-functional teams to a creative, workable solution. You should also feel comfortable with the field of body shop repairability, stay up-to-date with the latest tooling and repair techniques, and be able to tailor repair strategies to a wide variety of audiences.
The position is located in our Fremont, CA. Body Repair headquarters. If you’re interested in becoming a part of a world-class team supporting the latest EV technology, we are interested in hearing from you. More details about the job are listed below:Responsibilities
- Lead a team that designs industry leading body repair methods, technical bulletins, tooling specifications, design service parts, engineering analysis requests, and flat rate time validation data
- Assess vehicle crash tests for design of economical repair methods and service parts
- Partner across the Service and Engineering teams to ensure smooth implementation of repair information for global markets
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously to support successful vehicle launches, managing plan, tasks, risks, resolution, communications and implementation.
- Coordinates resources, provides clear direction and timelines for deliverables, and delegates tasks across the project team.
- 10+ Years of experience in Body Shop repair, body service part design, or similar
- 10+ Years of leading direct and indirect teams, and marshalling resources in a lean complex global environment.
- High level of experience or comfort of rapidly learning Computer Aided Design software and associated tools for repair method development
- Proven ability to work independently, managing large, complex projects or teams across a distributed organization.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and navigate through an ambiguous environment; enjoy challenges.
- Ability to deliver results through influence without authority.
- Highly organized, with good time management skills and acute attention to detail.
- Ability to travel domestically and international based on business needs.
- As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
Job Type: Full-time