The successful Automation Engineer candidate must be able to create robot paths, modify robot path to improve quality, perform proper maintenance based on manuals to ensure equipment uptime, must have knowledge on PLC to understand the interconnections of paint stations with conveyors, air supply houses and mix room. Must be willing to tackle whatever technical challenge presents itself, and be willing to assist and learn from others in their areas of expertise.
- Perform root cause analysis of quality defects to improve the process and create standards to avoid same problems happens again.
- Drive development and continuous improvement of equipment, processes and standards within the Paint shop.
- Perform root cause analysis on equipment bad actors and major unplanned downtime.
- Develop and implement solutions using problem solving analysis such 8D, 5 Why’s and several other tools.
- Work in a team of engineers and technicians as an in-house integration team that scopes and executes projects from concept through to start-up and commissioning.
- Foster a creative and innovative environment to seek out novel but practical solutions to day-to-day problems and projects.
- Become subject matter expert on all equipment – mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and controls – and train other engineers and technicians in the paint shop.
- Takes initiative to create, implement and improve PM documents and schedules, under the direction of the maintenance management
- Perform major equipment repairs and rebuilds, (some weekends and holidays required).
- Participate in spare part analysis and inventory development, cost reduction and improvement working with Spares Coordinator and Maintenance Engineering to RMA faulty components and communicate needs to the vendor.
- Work with Process and Equipment engineering and other cross functional groups to resolve maintenance issues, improve equipment reliability, review procedures, and minimize equipment downtime.
- Active leader of a TPM team while taking on improvement projects to assist in improving the factory.
- Design and Implement Equipment Reliability Improvement Projects.
- Escalation route for production line equipment: alarms, breakdowns, and Production requests to minimize downtime.
- Drive quality concerns and voice of the customer to the paint process and implement changes based on these requirements
- Become subject matter expert on paint key process input variables such as paint incoming quality, mix room operations and others
- Coordinate actively paint suppliers, using their expertise to improve and manage process quality
- Support Maintenance and Engineering Supervisors managing people if required
Minimum BS Degree on Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (Other Technical Disciplines Encouraged to apply)
Knowledge in PLC, basic programing and troubleshooting
Knowledge on paint and robot programming
- Knowledge of Color harmony processes desired
Manufacturing supervision experience preferred
Experience creating & maintaining a positive atmosphere in a collaborative work team.
Ability to manage workload while contributing to a positive, team oriented work environment
Enjoys Troubleshooting and Problem Solving
Proficient in the use of computer software (MS Word, Excel. PowerPoint etc).
Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
Willing to perform shift work (nights) and overtime as required.