Tesla is looking for an Automation Engineer to join the Injection molding team. You will focus on Robotics for Injection molding and will have extensive theoretical and hands-on experience in all facets of robotic applications in injection molding including Part extraction, gate deburring, feeder bowl applications as well as experience managing new product introductions, equipment projects (new installations) and process optimization, upgrades & modifications. Experience with multiple robot brands is desired.
- Responsible for continuous process optimization for automations.
- Lead and assist production in all quality and process related topics and issues.
- Support and assist maintenance team in troubleshooting difficult breakdowns and chronic equipment failures.
- Develop maintenance robotic training program and perform the training.
- Project management: both internal maintenance projects, and major contractor projects.
- Procedures & PMs, develop & maintain proper documentation of all necessary procedures, periodic maintenance tasks, equipment changes (electrical, spare parts upgrades, mechanical and safety buyoffs), etc.
- Prove out automation for new tools into production along with Process Engineers
- BS in electrical, mechatronics, or robotics engineering or equivalent experience.
- DCS knowledge is needed.
- 5+ years extensive experience Robotic programming and applications.
- Excellent robotic background and programming skills on Fanuc, KUKA is also desirable.
- Proficient in CAD (CATIA is a plus).
- PLC programming knowledge is a plus.
- Basic network knowledge.
- 2D and 3D vision systems is also desirable (Cognex, Isra and Keyence).