The Tesla Body Repair Program is seeking an energetic professional with a proven track record of managing people and processes to work on one of the most progressive vehicle brands in the world. As the Collision Center Manager you will be responsible for managing the work flow and production work force at our OEM owned body repair center.
This position requires a strong understanding of body shop business processes and operations, as well as the willingness to adapt to and excel in a dynamic business environment. You must be a strong tactical problem solver who can work in a fast paced environment, capable of multi-tasking, and effectively leading a team to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Work closely with Regional Manager to oversee all daily operations of the Collision Center to ensure delivery of excellent results quarter after quarter, month after month, on all aspects of customers, people, operations, and financials.
- Manage resource scheduling and allocation
- Oversee execution of work standards and production quality
- Manager Vendor partnerships and ensure compliance with all regulations
- Understand and own every aspect of the team’s performance. You will be responsible for driving continuous improvements to facilitate exceptional team output and customer service. We expect you to champion safety, efficiency, quality, and overall excellence in all of your actions and decisions.
- Collaborate with internal team leaders across business functions to drive project execution (design, supply chain, logistics, legal, accounts payable, etc.)
· Forecast and surpass goals and objectives for the site through regular audits of shop operations.
· Take ownership and create a culture of accountability, always maintaining the integrity of the Tesla brand, its processes, procedures, and values.
- Provide regular coaching and feedback, and have a deep knowledge of your team’s strengths and opportunities. You will be responsible for leading change and inspiring your team every day.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Professional experience: 5-8 years of experience in management within the collision industry preferred or relevant work experience managing in manufacturing, automotive, or customer service industries.
- 3-5 years of vendor management experience
- Leadership experience: Experience leading teams and managing a diverse group of roles and responsibilities. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, or relevant Certificate from Vocational School in Collision Repair.
- Process / operations experience: strong and proven experience leading field, technical repair or manufacturing teams in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment with strong customer facing responsibilities. Experience running complex processes using Six Sigma or Toyota Lean
- Solution oriented, demonstrating a high ability to identify root cause of problems and develop solutions
- Must be comfortable working in a collision shop environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence team to achieve business targets
- Capable of self-managing and working independently in limited supervision environments
- Capable of reading and comprehending automotive repair procedures
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools, and materials used in the collision repair of vehicles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to follow instructions.
- As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible