The Tesla Energy Operations Team is a group of highly skilled, uniquely talented people passionate about working together towards the goal of accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. An Associate Manager is primarily engaged in the supervision, mentorship, guidance, and inspiration of the local installation team so they continually develop and deliver to Tesla standards. The Associate Manager will provide day-to-day supervision to the installation team and coordinate the post-design process and construction for the installation, maintenance, alteration, repair, and/or replacement of Tesla energy products with heavy emphasis on utility and regional staff coordination.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in the customary and regular management of the installation team to meet departmental goals via appropriate allocation of workload, effectively managing resources and tracking goals with regards to safety, quality and efficiency.
- Participate in recruiting, onboarding and training of new team members.
- Provide professional career development and training for your team including but not limited to, weekly meetings, 1:1 coaching sessions, constructive reviews, supporting and promoting top talent into future Tesla leaders.
- Represent Tesla in a professional and responsible manner when communicating with others both inside and outside the company.
- Implement, monitor, and enforce adherence to quality and safety policies including onsite safety and quality audits.
- Utilize daily reporting tools to ensure jobs are correctly categorized and take ownership of all of projects.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with peers and stakeholders across the organization.
- Coordinate the most cost-effective field installation process, construction methods and materials for all installation projects.
- Collect feedback and work with leadership to address escalations from staff, subcontractors, other departments and customers in order to maintain exceptional customer experience at all times.
- Assist the General Manager as needed to maintain the integrity of the Region.
- 2+ years applicable experience; ideally in management.
- Prior experience installing Solar PV systems, managing and scheduling multiple electrical projects, residential construction, and reading construction/electrical diagrams preferred
- Previous work experience focused on job quality and safety preferred
- Must be a self-starter able to work independently
- Must be adaptable to change and work well under pressure, manage competing demands and meet tight deadlines with strong follow through and decision-making skills
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including but not limited to peers and customers.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, Google Earth, and customer account management software
- Physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Must possess applicable license(s) and certification(s)
- Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment screening requirements