Tesla has an immediate opening for a Process Engineering Associate Manager to join the Casting Production team. We are seeking a highly motivated, tenacious and team-oriented leader to be responsible for the performance of an equipment & process engineering team that owns critical metrics related to manufacturing. The team drives improvements in overall equipment efficiency, product yield, cost and cycle time through documented actions with clearly defined schedules and expected results. The Process Engineering Associate Manager will not only lead by example but also performance manage the team where needed to generate the highest value from every employee while maintaining a high level of technical ability.
- Manage, mentor and lead a team of Process Technician and engineers.
- Build & improve management systems to ensure all equipment operates safely, with high availability & product quality and low cycle time.
- Own, report on and drive improvement of area KPI’s including equipment availability, product yield, cycle time and cost
- Coach Engineers and technicians to develop and implement process changes to increase capacity, lower cost and improve yield.
- Lead and assist engineers and technicians in resolving unplanned down events and driving permanent RCCAs, using the 3D/8D process where applicable
- Make daily resource allocation decisions, balancing competing priorities, to serve the needs of the engineering, maintenance and production communities
- Serve as backup engineer for all members of the team both in order to ensure zero gaps in coverage as well as adequately address issues of escalating complexity.
- Collaborate with Maintenance, Tooling, MFG engineering and controls teams to install and debug new equipment as well as Upgrades.
- Collaborate with Design and Tooling Engineers to develop new dies as well as die changes ( ECO’s).
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Exemplary track record of high impact contributions both as an individual engineer and in a management capacity
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments and deliver results in a fast-paced technical manufacturing environment
- Ability to manage and execute multiple large-scale projects simultaneously, dynamically adjusting priorities to meet changing business needs
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- Experience with application and teaching of structured problem-solving methodology, such as DOE
- Experience with automation and controls engineering is preferred
- Understanding of equipment component behavior is a plus