Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems — and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is seeking a IT Support Supervisor to lead our growing team in Shanghai, China, reporting to our IT Operations Manager. The ideal candidate will have a strong, working background in managing a medium to large centralized helpdesk and/or desktop infrastructure support. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding and experience in desktop technologies, emerging trends, and Helpdesk Management or Desktop Support. Success in the position will require exceptional communication skills, multi-tasking and troubleshooting abilities. Additionally, the IT Support Supervisor will work closely with the technology staff in all offices to implement initiatives across the enterprise. Periodic travel and after-hours work will be required.
- Recruit, manage and mentor a growing team of Helpdesk support technicians.
- Facilitate employee development by coaching, motivating and leading by example to obtain new skill sets, knowledge and troubleshooting techniques.
- Oversee the daily activities of a team in a call center-like environment, supporting all IT Help Desk functions along with supporting the IT operations department by participating in projects and other tasks.
- Participate and take a leadership role in resolving all high severity IT incidents.
- Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including, and not limited to, installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Managing incidents by working with the rest of the IT operational organization, handling escalations, and generating reports for management review.
- Track and analyze trends in Help Desk requests and generate statistical reports and work with the stake-holders to address them.
- Prepare and maintain procedures and guides for end users and IT staff.
- Improve user awareness of IT services, by coordinating all training, documentation, and communication initiatives.
- Drive the effort to continuously provide world class IT support to Tesla’s user community.
- Outstanding leadership capabilities, with ability to lead, train, develop, and motivate a team.
- 4 years Management experience preferred.
- Strong commitment to enhancing both internal and external customer focus; ability to provide timely feedback related to customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to positively lead a team, in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively handle shifting priorities in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- BS Degree in CS/equivalent or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong personal integrity and has the highest ethical standards.
- Experience in US multi-national corporate setting a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Stress tolerance.
- Able to thrive in a Dynamic and Innovative environment.