We are looking for an outstanding Web Solutions Specialist. This individual will act cross functionally as an engineer & a product specialist, supporting our approved tech partners who work with different Spotify business teams to build websites for their needs. You'll play a critical role in providing leadership and technical support for both the internal business teams and the approved partners. You will be responsible for the server side integrations of the web applications we build together with our preferred production partners, including implementing security measures and best practices.
New York, NY
What you'll do:
- Develop platform level automations that simplify the creation, management, migration, and retiring of 3rd party production partner-built web applications
Handle server-side integrations and deployment of hosting for 3rd party production partner-built web apps and microsites on Google Cloud Platform products
Collaborate with the development teams of our preferred global production partners and support them with technical questions, troubleshooting, and debugging applications
Eliminate security risks by making sure our work meets internal and external standards
Liaise & Collaborate with other developers, designers, and system administrators to identify new features and products by using internal resources. This will include building automations to help Partners create server integrations more quickly
- Provide product expertise for our various business teams on their websites and web-applications and help to identify the right solutions required to build secure applications that meet both the internal and industry standards
Lead all aspects of and project manage new website development under our Global Preferred Production Partner Program
Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks
Who you are:
- You have experience in front and back-end web development. You have an in-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
You are familiar with Cloud Platform development using Infrastructure As Code to create automation and tooling to simplify manual processes and systems
You are familiar with Google Cloud Platform products like, Google App Engine, Cloud Storage, and Cloud Datastore. You have ideally also worked with Infrastructure as Code Languages such as Terraform
- You have hands-on experience with programming languages like Java, Ruby, PHP, React, and Python and from working with APIs
You are capable of managing projects end to end involving multiple parties
In addition to having a strong technical background, you’re not new to product management/ownership, and can drive and develop the strategy for our partner-built websites moving forward
communicator who can digest complicated technical processes and efficiently translate to any audience
You have the ability to work independently to initiate and manage relationships with a problem-solving attitude
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Perks of being in the band
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.