Do you want to be a part of a team who is leading the way with electrification of on and off-road commercial vehicles across a wide range of size classes and applications in the Mobile Mining and Public Transit markets in over 15 countries at every stage of the lifecycle from sales to service? Our Siemens Commercial Vehicles Business Unit is looking for a muti-faceted Buyer/Supplier Quality Manager
for our Alpharetta, GA, office.
You will have the ability to work a Flexible Remote Work Schedule.
In this role you will be responsible for Strategic Supply Chain Management and for long term and strategic procurement in the US.
The Position is focusing on identifying regional or global suppliers, markets or regions, for the CV commodities like raw materials, semi-products, services portfolio that are either directly or indirectly used in CV’s product portfolio; Identifying and analyzing internal customer needs, validating and discussing technical specifications, in collaboration with Sales & Quality Management responsible or together with technical Project Manager. Ensure the material supply for operation, meanwhile continuously reduce the total cost of ownership. Prepares negotiations and contracts.
This position is also responsible for Supplier Quality Management of assigned commodities, products, and services within CV. The SQM part of role is responsible to develop new and existing suppliers and controls the progress with supplier audits.
Ensure the defined processes adhered and set metrics and quality targets for reporting of supplier quality. The SQM implements a complaints managements to detect and analyze non-conformances and communicates with supplier and supports by a sustainable problem solving.
Successful candidate will need to have a track record of strategic procurement and supplier quality management, with growth of business the long term plan would be to evolve the roles into a fulltime Supplier Quality Manager with direct reports and a separate Strategic Procurement Role.Future role have management
This position is both commercial and technical in nature and successful candidate is encouraged to lead multidisciplinary projectsResponsibilities
Supplier Quality Management
- The Role represents the company as the main point of contact for strategic and quality topics of procurement’s and works closely with the tactical Procurement organization of Commercial Vehicles
- Dual sourcing / Sourcing decisions
- Supplier evaluation and qualification
- Supplier escalation management
- Supports Obsolescence management
- Supports involvement / Parts creation
- Supports Localization management
- Supplier onboarding process
- Drive PPC savings activities
- Collaborate with OEC to drive MCP, VAM measures
- CIP as it relates to procurement strategies
- Develop procurement contingency plans
- Develop and drive monthly reporting of key KPIs
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Force on continuous improvement of suppliers and tracking of Supplier KPi’s
- Issue’s complaint management process of detected non-conformances and runs root cause analysis. Communicates to supplier and quality management.
- Builds and negotiates Quality Assurance agreements and supervises implementation in supplier processes. Plans and executes Supplier Audits including follow-up of audit measures.
- Establishes appropriate Quality control of delivered goods and service for CV
- Supports Quality inspections at supplier site or incoming inspections. Closely cooperates with component engineering and factory.
- Supports technology support for materials or products and elaborates testing specifications with PLM organization
- Evaluates and reports on supplier performance and supports definitions of effective measures.
- Drives supplier performance and continuous improvement and collaborates in supplier development programs
- BS in Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent Technical Degree required
- Minimum 2-3 years as a Strategic Supply Chain Management in Automotive, Power infrastructure, drives/motors, process automation type projects.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience with Supplier Quality Management
- Experienced with the ISO 9001:2015
- Educated auditor for VDA 6.3 with experience of supplier audits is a plus
- IATF 16949:2016 knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge in QM methods like 8D, Ishikawa, 5w
- Industry knowledge in Transportation Rail & Bus, Mining
- Travel approximately 25-40% as the need arises for projects.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word and Power Point
- Must be able to discuss project financials in detail
- Be able to discuss confrontational issues (ex. claims, delays, etc.) with suppliers
- Flexible remote work schedule with the willingness to relocate to Alpharetta, GA and travel domestically and abroad.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- SIEMENS and non-SIEMENS supply chain experience
- Proven understanding of physics, mechanical and digital disciplines (automation, networks, software systems, etc.)
- Manufacturing, Field service and/or Commissioning background a plus
- Experience in Electrical Engineering projects, specifically in the areas of power distribution and protection, drive systems and control systems.
- Understanding of variable frequency drives (AC & DC) and their application
- German as second language is a plus
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Siemens Industry, Inc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.