Senior Mechanical Engineer
Corindus Vascular Robotics, Inc. is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® system is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to neurovascular, percutaneous coronary and peripheral interventions. Corindus is advancing the field of interventional medicine with robotics through improvements to procedural control, precision and workflow.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be part of the Consumable development team, responsible for the successful design and development of the consumables for the next generation robotic platform that will change the future of healthcare. You will be a strong technical resource, having responsibilities spanning the wide range of product development lifecycle, such as ideation, design, analysis, prototyping, documentation, verification, validation, and manufacturing transfer. You have demonstrated experience in design of consumables for medical devices. You must be familiar with DFx design approaches and utilize strong analytical skills and have experience with complex multi-part assemblies. This is a collaborative opportunity where you will work with product management, industrial designers, and manufacturing engineering. Ideal candidates have designed and implemented medical device consumables including verification and validation.
- Lead analyses of components and assemblies including FEA, creep, tolerance, and manufacturability.
- Responsible for design, and development of consumable devices for the next generation product.
- Participate in hands-on activities including prototyping, and engineering tests.
Participate in generation of new concepts.
- Implements best practices in design methodologies, development processes and tools.
- Project management responsibilities which may include vendor and supplier management, developing and maintaining project schedules and budgets.
- BSc. degree in Mechanical Engineering required, MSc. preferred
- Proficiency with SolidWorks including surface modeling required
- Strong analytical skills and experience in FEA, creep analysis, and tolerance analysis required
- Proficiency with SolidWorks Simulation analysis tools including Motion Analysis, FEA, Plastics, and Creep analysis preferred
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink preferred
- 7 yrs experience in a product development role required, medical device experience or other regulated industry highly preferred.
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience managing external resources preferred
- Strong communication skills required
- Ability to travel up to 10% is required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.