Who are we ?
We at Siemens Mobility are committed to helping our customers globally to succeed in today’s dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately for mankind. While we are invested in engineering excellence – leading-edge transportation technologies and services – we don’t stop there. We are also deeply invested in our worldwide employees with the hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in this industry.
Today, Siemens Mobility in Saudi Arabia is looking to hire a SCADA Field T&C Engineer to join our team in Riyadh.
What are my responsibilities ?
What do I need to qualify for this job ?
- Review testing documentation (test procedures, processes, test reports)
- Perform SCADA functional tests and commissioning
- Support / performance for static and dynamic tests with several partners.
- Support / performance of static and dynamic tests of “integrative nature”.
- Validation of data at the database level.
- Testing mimics.
- Interface integration and testing for various subsystems – Communications (COM), Automatic Fare Collection (AFC), Public Address and Public address and Voice Alarm (PAVA), Passenger Information System (PIS), Building Management System (BMS), etc.
- Troubleshooting interface drivers, database logic, networks and applications.
- Protocols as such, SNMP, Modbus, Modbus RTU, OPC DA, OPC UA, SQL and DNP3.
- Support development and defect fixing of SCADA Software interface drivers.
- Testing and commissioning of SCADA system according to Static System Integration Test (SSIT) procedures.
- Test using Verification and Validation Methodology.
- Produce test procedures and co-ordinate testing of the work packages.
- Management of version and configuration control.
- Coordinate the T&C installation requirements with the Installation Manager to perform tests onsite.
- Reporting of daily progress and any notifiable incidents or accidents.
- Be safety conscious in terms of method statements and safe systems of works.
- Inspecting works daily, documenting any snagging items or T&C defects for inclusion in the Master Snag List.
- Managing SCADA related Snag items through to completion.
- Participate in Installation Test Procedure witnessing as and when directed.
- Dealing with any site specific queries – escalating unresolved issues where appropriate.
- Follow the schedule and targets set in order to finish the works on time, highlight to the Installation Manager where improvements are possible and where the deadline cannot be met
What else do you need to know ?
- Degree Educated or similar in Electrical or Communications Engineering.
- Three years work experience on Communication or Electrical Installation Project or similar.
- Experienced in dealing with Installation and T&C teams.
- Knowledge and experience in reading and understanding designs and installation principles.
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English language.
- Experienced in working in a multicultural environment.
- Team-oriented, proactive with good communication and interpersonal skills
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need skilled and dedicated professionals to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Mobility world of Siemens Saudi Arabia here:
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.