Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings
help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is looking for a Power Systems Study Engineer for their Power Systems Center of Competence. This person performs applications engineering and analytical studies on MV and LV electrical power distribution systems for industrial, commercial, institutional and government customers in metropolitan area.
Principal activity is preparation of short circuit, device evaluation; protective device coordination and arc flash studies. Prior experience performing electrical power systems analysis is required. Preferred candidate will have current P.E. registration, experience using SKM and/or EasyPower product suite and have electrical power systems applications engineering, installation and/or field service background. Some travel is required for field data collection and customer review meetings. Candidate will be responsible for supporting end user, contractor & distributor accounts within the US, Canada, and Latin America.
Computer analysis includes building of electrical one line diagrams utilizing EasyPower, SKM and AutoCAD software, performing short circuit, load flow, arc flash, and voltage drop analysis of customer systems. Candidate will also evaluate analysis and prepare written report on findings. Candidate should have demonstrated aptitude for working successfully on project teams and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
All qualified candidates MUST have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, MSEE preferred.
- Holds a Professional Engineer License in the USA
- Expertise on Arc Flash and power system studies, including short circuit, protective device coordination, load flow, grounding, harmonic and power quality studies.
- Experience using SKM, EasyPower, or ETAP power system analysis product suites.
- Power systems applications engineering, design, testing and installation supervision background desired.
- Be able to provide hard copies of power system analysis, reports, and calculations completed.
- Broad industry experience is desired - working with LV and MV installations at utilities, industrial plants, commercial and residential facilities.
- Candidate must be open to 20% travel in the US.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Performs complex installation, testing, upgrades, checkout, startup/commissioning, maintenance, and troubleshooting of
- electronic components in accordance with industry standards.
- Applies knowledge of low and medium voltage switchgear, motor control centers, circuit breakers, panel boards,
- transformers, surge protection devices, relays, power quality meters and battery systems to serve as the subject matter
- expert, on behalf of Siemens, to the customer.
- Instructs customer representatives on the features and safe operation of Siemens equipment.
- Performs emergency troubleshooting of power distribution products and 3rd party equipment.
- Interacts with the customer and project stakeholders tactfully and professionally.
- Leads a team to accomplish the project’s scope of work on schedule
- Provides estimates during the project planning phase. Works with the project manager to make recommendations that
- ensure the success of the project.
- Works safely and promotes a safe work environment for others.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens Industry, Inc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.