How can you help us craft the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow! Join our team as a Manual Lathe Operator where you will setup and prove out of programs to safely and accurately machine sophisticated parts to print specifications!
What are your responsibilities?
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Operation of finish lathe and engine lathe equipment producing complex components to meet customer requirements and production schedule deadlines.
- Safely load material and predetermined tools into machine and measuring necessary tooling, including entering tool length offsets.
- Produce critical parts for the product line and reports directly to the Production Supervisor.
- Safe set-up and operation of lathe machine, recording measurements using precision instruments, and producing high tolerance components.
- Prove out components crafted by engineer for accuracy, efficiency, safety, and quality, and record all dimensions of completed parts in labor packet.
- Make feed and speed adjustments to program for optimized run times, determine tool wear offsets and interpret drawings.
- Maintain a clean work area and perform all duties safely in accordance with company and OSHA guidelines.
- Perform daily checks of machine to ensure functionality.
- Operate cranes and lift trucks for material handling purposes.
What additional knowledge/experience or training will assist you in this role?
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience operating and set-up lathe machines.
- Ability to recognize improper machine and tool performance.
- Ability to use and read micrometers and depth gauges.
- Understanding of dimensioning and tolerance and have knowledge of decimal and metric system.
- Have a high mechanical aptitude with good math skills.
- Experience operating CNC machines in addition to CNC lathes.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-driven.
- Familiar with Siemens Shop turn/Shop mill conversational programming.
- Completion of an accredited machining education program.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Siemens Industry, Inc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.