Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. The selected candidate for this role can live and work remotely.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives. As a Graphics Interface Specialist, you will be responsible for utilizing company graphics standards to define the Graphical User Interface of Siemens head end software capabilities for the control of Siemens Smart Infrastructure control, monitoring and alarming systems for various building technologies. Additionally, you will act as the primary interface between RAM and Global Operations Center (GOC) SPOC. Communicating with GOC SPOC to coordinate details of graphics for specific customers, and direct project teams to interact with SPOCs will be key. The primary focus of the role will be on Greenfield and Migration projects, but you will also have responsibility for projects where customer interaction is necessary to determine and finalize GUI requirements that are intermediate to complex.
- Acts as Single Point of Contact for customer projects within a geographical region regarding the requirements for the Graphical User Interface to be created for construction projects and/or service agreements.
- Meets with customers to interpret specification requirements relevant to the graphical user interface of Siemens systems.
- Defines the methods and standard practices utilized by Siemens to deliver the most impactful and cost-effective way to meet the customer expectations for the graphical user interface.
- Implements GUI package characteristics that utilize Siemens GUI standards to the extent possible for every project.
- Gains written or other formal approval on the graphical user interface characteristics from the end user, contractor, consulting engineer and/or commissioning agent as applicable for the customer’s construction project, system migration project or service agreement.
- Provides very detailed instructions regarding the characteristics and requirements of the graphical user interface to be created/built by remotely located graphics designers.
- Creates and tracks schedules for completion of graphical user interface.
- Performs progress checks and final inspection of graphical user interface graphics.
- This responsibility requires expert level familiarity with building systems and hardware/software required control systems.
- Determines whether the completed graphics packages meet the customer approved intent of the graphical user interfaces.
- Utilizes remotely located graphics designers to make corrections and changes necessary to meet customer expectations.
- Gains official customer signoff of delivered graphics package. Works with local project teams and remote graphics designers to resolve issues and punch list items.
- This position will have responsibility to document graphics standards to be utilized by graphics designers.
- This position will have responsibility to document standard processes and expectation for customer site system backups for retention of graphics files, and where directly involved on the project, to collect and archive those system backups.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree in graphics design preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and GUI software; 5+ years preferred
- Good relationship building skills; ability to interpret customer requirements & negotiation skills.
- Must be able to think creatively to produce GUI packages that will meet project specifications.
- Good attention to detail and analytical skills required.
- Travel: Up to 50% travel within US/Canada depending on the assigned region.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens Industry, Inc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.