Siemens Large Drive Applications teams seeks to hire a Business Technology Specialist for our U.S. Digital Business. Our diverse portfolio ranges from classic product related services (online support, training, field service, maintenance, and upgrades) to digital data-based services (software and cloud technology) using SIDRIVE platform for drive system applications serving customers leverage opportunities in the digitalization era.
Business Technology Specialist - Digital Solutions, has a passion to transform customers across diverse vertical markets in solving their challenges by applying innovative ideas and solutions using our SIDRIVE IQ based digital services to increase plant availability, reliability, and enhance productivity. As technical subject matter expert this individual will utilize his/her experience and expertise to help customers develop and implement digital strategy for asset management of their drive systems across their fleet locally and globally. This position will report to the Head of Digital Business - Large Drive Applications in US.
The location in the US is flexible with a preference for Pittsburg, Cincinnati or Atlanta or other major US metropolitan areas
Responsibilities: As a Business Technology Specialist for Digital Solutions, you are a trusted technology advisor for defining and delivering digital services for customers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Technically support the refinement and enhancement of digital portfolio related services and the regional roll-out.
- Serve as technical domain expert for digital solutions portfolio throughout the sales cycle - product/solution demonstrations, application engineering, proposal reviews and execution support.
- Awareness of market forces, competitive offerings, and technical / commercial trends to guide long-term strategic technical direction for digital product roadmap
- Collaborates across business units with stakeholders, providing thought leadership, and driving day-to-day implementation of products & services digital transformation strategy
- Build customer-specific technical solutions and value propositions based on productized digital solutions and tools.
- Lead and execute digital transformation projects for key customers to evaluate their existing digital maturity level, identify gaps & actions, develop roadmap and act as customers trusted digital technical advisor.
- Inspire customers and partners at all levels – corporate management to plant level maintenance team about the need & value of digitalization.
- Establish a strong relationship with key technology decision-makers on the customer side.
- Ensures customer expectations are met and resolves customer issues promptly, effectively, and in a professional manner.
- Collaborate with your fellow team members by coaching junior team members on technical areas and providing continuous feedback.
- Thrive in an environment where solutions and processes consistently evolve and embrace an agile approach of delivering based on evolving priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Automation, Mechatronics, or an adjacent engineering field.
- 3-5 years of experience in servicing and/or troubleshooting electrical distribution, drive systems, automation, or other similar industrial equipment’s
- Should have outstanding analytical and conceptual skills with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to translate technical issues to business opportunities and independently influence others to achieve objectives
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in-person or virtually across all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated experience working in agile methods and tools
- Strong relationship, team building and facilitation skills
- Willing to travel up to 40% of the time
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
- Technical background in product development or product management
- Experience working with O&G, Minerals, Mining, Metals and/or other process industries
- Experience in or understanding of industrial automation process using PLC and control networks
- Familiar with Siemens or competitor’s industrial digital enterprise portfolio
- Experience working with Siemens or other relevant competitive industrial electrical distribution and/or drive systems equipment’s
- Master’s degree in engineering or business management
Siemens Industry, Inc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.