Siemens Corporation is a U.S. subsidiary of Siemens AG, a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability, and internationality for more than 165 years.
Digital Grid Business Unit
The Digital Grid Business Unit covers comprehensive solutions ranging from software to automation needed to construct the smart grids of today. We ensure reliable, secure, affordable energy supply in a decentralizing, decarbonizing, digitalizing and all-electrifying energy world. Electrical energy makes the world go round. No matter where power comes from or where it has to go, we make sure it makes its way – every step of the way!
Siemens Digital Grid – Ahead of the Challenge – Ahead of the Change!
If you are looking for a career that will contribute to shaping the future of tomorrow, that will impact the sustainability of the energy industry, with work side by side the brightest minds in the industry let’s talk!
Business Development Manager – North America
We are recruiting for a Business Development Manager
for our Digital Grid Business Unit. This is a unique opportunity to shape the new business field of Digital Twins for electrical grid operators. The position will focus on development of the northern American markets in this space by co-innovation of new technical products with customers and partners and promoting our compelling vision to the market.
Siemens is the market leader in energy automation, grid control and simulation. Building on this strong position, we are creating a new digital offering of software products, that connect the OT with the IT world. This digital offering helps our clients manage the fast-paced energy transition that is occurring through new digital twin applications.
The role will be part of our spearhead team that leads the development of this new innovative portfolio and launches new products into the market. This agile and global team shapes the Siemens role in the evolving and dynamic market of IoT for electric utilities. The team combines a start-up mentality and decision-making velocity with the capabilities and resources of a globally leading company.
We are looking for someone with extensive experience in the electric utility market with business development and sales experience. The successful candidate needs to be a skilled communicator, customer focused and with a solid technical background on OT and IT technologies for the electric utility space. Furthermore, the candidate should have an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoy growing a global and innovative business
The Business Development Manager will report to the global Head of the Digital Twin Incubator and work closely with the North American Management and Sales teams. The position will be the first point of contact for both internal product development, as well as external stakeholders for Digital Twin applications, and will collaborate and get support from the broader Siemens Digital Grid business unit departments.
Key tasks include:
Requirements with a proven track record in the following areas:
- Participate in customer meetings to articulate uses cases and benefits of the Digital Twin technology for electric grid operators
- Actively advocate for Siemens new Digital Twin applications in utility operator and consulting communities wherever they gather, online and offline.
- Identify co-innovation partners and thought leaders in the marketplace. Facilitate and govern a co-innovation process between customer and Siemens Product Management / R&D.
- Identify and create high quality product prospects and leads. Cultivate and develop the customer as part of the sales cycle for the new products being co-innovated.
- Be Siemens’ representative in governance processes, user groups and committees and write technical proposals as needed to pitch Siemen’s solutions.
- Develop and maintain functional product expertise of the Siemens Digital Grid OT and IoT solutions.
- Gather insights about the use of our products from our existing customer base of Electrical distribution grid operators and feed it back to the marketing and sales teams.
- Incorporate new insights from events, groups, committees, and customer interactions to feed back to the marketing and sales teams.
- Act as the Siemens ambassador for our Digital Twin vision and offerings at external events including trade shows, conferences, analyst presentations, journalist meetings, etc.
- Deep understanding and passion for the electrical utility sector
- Comfortable and capable of identifying electric utility future needs in an uncertain environment that changes quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a sales-oriented mindset.
- Have a strong network and connections in the North American electric utility market.
- Working knowledge of modern grid control technologies, players and major trends requiring adaptation and change in the industry.
- Technical background or aptitude (not necessarily detailed technical expertise) in Grid Control and Cloud based Software products
- Combination of technical acumen coupled with the ability to communicate the technical elements in a simple, effective manner; ability to translate complex technical concepts and technologies into strategic business and customer-centric value propositions
- Ability to establish trust with users and ability to influence key decision makers in the sales cycle.
- Proactive and self-starter who is confident to jump on and engage opportunities as they arise.
- Passionate, self-starter with a can-do attitude. Eager to jump in and get things done but don't get flustered in a fast-paced and often changing environment.
- Hold a technical University Degree or equivalent
- Ability to travel approximately 30%
Siemens Industry, Inc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.