: 193695Location Name:
CA-FSC SF Off (0174)Address:
525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)Job Type:
Full TimePosition Type (Regular/Temporary):
MarketingIs This Position Eligible for Remote? :
Your role at Sephora...
As our Vice President of Social Media and Influencers you will be responsible for driving advocacy, engagement and positive brand sentiment across all of Sephora’s major social media platforms, leading the social media vision and strategy, as well as guiding our influencer strategy and the Sephora Squad. In addition, you will translate new business needs into social and influencer opportunities, while guiding the teams on how to incorporate them into existing workflows or create new ones.
This executive is a creative, curious, ambitious, and results-oriented leader who is capable of guiding a highly functioning team in a matrixed organization, and has a pulse on the beauty industry, culture, and innovation in the social space. The ideal candidate will have experience leading social media strategy, content creation, operations, publishing and measurement at scale, as well as managing a dispersed team across multiple geographic locations. The leader will be comfortable with pushing Sephora to be on the forefront of this rapidly evolving space as they partner with our marketing organization and cross-functional teams to further our social reach and engagement and amplify our core brand values.
She/he/they will report to the SVP of Integrated Marketing and Brand and have three direct reports and a team of aprox 15.
Key partners include: Campaign & Content Marketing; Brand Marketing; Dotcom; Retail; Merchandising External Communications, external agencies and social media platforms.
Define and lead strategy for social media efforts across all channels including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter, Tik Tok and Snapchat for an audience of more than 30M highly engaged beauty fans.
- Lead the team that builds content to drive retailer and brand preference, educate and inspire current clients, and invite new clients into the brand.
- Oversee a team in San Francisco and Los Angeles who create content through multiple tracks and processes. Constantly identify best practices, optimizations and operational improvements to maximize outputs and creativity.
- Work closely with partnership team to design and implement new social activations and content series including social commerce opportunities.
- Identify and action on new opportunities, betas and tests within the social space while practicing ruthless prioritization.
Oversee the strategy for the Sephora Squad, a program that includes more than 70 influencers and employee influencers, guiding the most diverse influencer program in retail to achieve business and brand goals.
- Lead all other influencer marketing and community management, working with internal teams and external partners to drive brand representation through authentic social interactions while optimizing for growth.
Identify new opportunities for utilizing and partnering with influencers across channels.
- Oversee relationship with our Influencer marketing agency
Operations, Publishing and Measurement:
Identify, measure and report against KPIs across all channels. Use analytics and insights to drive testing and optimization strategies.
- Regularly report to internal partners and external brands on social media successes and opportunities.
- Build effective publishing strategies to drive team and business goals.
- Oversee social moderation and partner with client services team to promote two-way conversation and transparent communication across channels, while building safe spaces for representation in social.
Inspire a team of leaders with a variety of skill sets. Serve as the strategic connector to gain alignment and amplify opportunities across all parts of your team.
- Drive collaboration and partnership in a highly matrixed organization
Demonstrate and participate in a culture that is supportive of diverse voices and encourages creativity and innovation.
- Provide consulting and expertise for our partnership with Kohls.
- Demonstrate our Sephora values: Passion, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We would love to hear from you if you meet the following:
- Minimum of 12+ years marketing experience, with a portion of that time overseeing social media, preferably in house in a brand or retailer environment.
- Experience with translating broader marketing goals into social and influencer strategies
Experience successfully working in a highly matrixed organization, selling strategies to cross functional partners and reporting on successes and opportunities.
- Strong communication skills and confident presentation and public speaking skills.
- Strong analytic and reporting skills and comfort with social media metrics.
- Entrepreneurial spirt, curiosity and ability to work independently and as a team leader.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.