: 189781Location Name:
CA-FSC SF Off (0174)Address:
525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)Job Type:
Full TimePosition Type (Regular/Temporary):
Our technology team works fast and smart. With San Francisco as our home, we take bringing new tech
to market seriously, developing the latest in mobile technologies, scalable architecture, and the coolest
in-store client experience. We love what we do and we have fun doing it. The Technology group is
comprised of motivated self-starters and true team players that are absolutely integral to the growth of
Sephora and our future success.
Your role at Sephora:
As a Senior Engineer, MarTech, AdTech & CRM you will design and implement innovative analytical
solutions and work alongside the product engineering team, evaluating new features and architecture.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, Data Platform, you will work closely with other team members
like data architects and business analysts to understand what the business is trying to achieve, move
data from source to target, and design optimal data models. You will be also responsible for building and
maintaining the data platform. This hands-on technical role demands excellent knowledge and can
demonstrate best practices in the industry. Come be a part of a team that is starting this new journey.
- Design and Build Enterprise Analytical solutions using DataBricks, Azure stack of technologies.
- Work cross-functionally with the marketing team on marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Build and scale data infrastructure that powers batch and real-time data processing.
- Streamline the intake of the raw data into our Data lake.
- Develop ETL and implement best practices for ETL development.
- Work effectively using scrum with multiple team members to deliver analytical solutions to the
- Perform production support and deployment activities.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 5 - 8 years of experience with large scale data warehouse projects.
- Experience with campaign management tools such as Adobe.
- Expert experience with any of the ETL tools (Informatica, Pentaho, Data Stage, etc..)
- Prior experience working with Cloud technologies preferably Azure.
- Preferred experience with data integration tools.
- Prior experience working with Retail/CRM/Finance datasets.
- Very comfortable in designing facts, dimensions, snapshots, SCDs, etc.
- UNIX/Linux experience and scripting skills (shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Write complex SQL for processing raw data, data validation and QA.
- Experience working with APIs to collect or ingest data.
- Strong Database knowledge, COSMOS DB & MySQL preferred.
- Communication Skills Data Engineers are part of a team, working with database administrators,
data analysts and management and need to be effective communicators.
- Attention to Detail Databases are complex, and a minute error can cause huge problems.
- Problem-Solving Skills Data Engineers look at an issue that needs to be solved and come up with
- Growth Learner desire to continue to learn about where the BI industry is going and cloud
- BS in Computer Science and / or equivalent experience.
You’ll love working here because:
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind
leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various
times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you
work at Sephora!)
- The business. It feels good to win – and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining
experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the
world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off,
commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays” (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor
Day)…and so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora’s parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the
world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and
Working at Sephora’s Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District, but you
won’t hear us call it a headquarters – it’s the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our
stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client’s
every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy,
skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting
the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never
rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it’s not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to
working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with applicable law.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.