Software-Design and DevelopmentLocation:
0 - 10%Career Status:
Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Summary & Role Information
Lifecycle Management plays an important role for our customer success. The Software Logistics area develops tools and procedures for upgrades and updates of ABAP-based products. Apart from highly automated standard procedures, we also develop inhouse tools used by SAP Services to meet special requirements of certain customers via a project-based methodology named Near-Zero Downtime Technology (NZDT).
For the strengthening of our NZDT team, we are looking for an experienced Senior ABAP Developer/Development Expert (f/m/d) who enjoys working together in a heterogeneous team in close contact with SAP Services.
You will work in a team that maintains and enhances the NZDT tools in close collaboration with the lead users of the tools. Tasks include mainly:
- maintenance and refactoring of the existing code lines,
- implementation of new features,
- improvement of test infrastructure,
- implementing different test scenarios, automating those,
- support of ongoing customer projects in close collaboration with Services
- analyzing and resolving addressed to the team incidents
Learning & Development Opportunities:
- Work on technically complex topics
- Contribute to highly visible customer projects of Systems Upgrades and Conversion to S4/HANA
- Collaborate closely with other team members and SAP Services
Experience (Role Requirements)
- 6+ years of related professional experience with at least 3-5 years ABAP OO development experience
- Good architectural understanding of the application server ABAP
- Solid SQL skills and experiences with dynamic programming in ABAP
- Willingness to take over on-call duties for go-lives
- Ideally, experience with ABAP correction workbench and delivery of corrections via SAP Notes
- Very good German and English language skills – written and spoken
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.