What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Business Architecture provides a bridge between an organization’s enterprise business model & strategy to business functionality of the enterprise. The Business Architect is a discipline within the broader profession of Enterprise Architecture, and helps SAP customers define and represents multidimensional business views of:
(1) Business Strategy
(2) Business Models
(3) Business Capabilities
(4) the technology that enables the capabilities needed to successfully operate the business.
As a function of the partnership between the Business Architect (BA) and the SAP Customer, specific technology guidance will provide a well-defined story for the overall enterprise of the organization from initiative conceptualization through delivery and deployment of Policies, Processes and Technology.ROLE EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Provide real-time support in articulating the relevance of the SAP portfolio, and the value of Partnership with SAP in a pro-active (collaborative roadmapping) way
- Identifies the gap between customer strategy and execution, opening the door for assistance in cross-portfolio Business Development
- Manage Demand within assigned customer accounts by providing the customer and account team with guidance on customer needs and customer sponsorship of initiatives
- Operates as a Trusted Advisor to senior business executives, internally and externally to drive greater success and efficiency for all parties
- Creates a Brand through high-impact customer Experiences, that builds SAP mindshare and a SAP First mentality with key stakeholders
- Constantly monitors Customer Adoption and Success of solutions delivered to the customer as a part of a perpetual, cyclical value chain
- Develop, deliver and curate the standard set of Business Architecture artifacts (Business Strategy, Business Model, Business Process, Capability Map and Functional Solution Roadmap documents)
- Bachelors degree and Masters degree (preferred), or commensurate experience
- Training and/or certification in Business (Object Management Group) and Enterprise Architecture (The Open Group Architecture Framework) is preferred
- Relevant industry certifications
- Deep knowledge within one of the strategic market industries (Life Sciences, High Tech, Media/Entertainment, etc.)
- Understanding of the key areas of company value chains (Supply Chain, Logistics, Demand Chain, Backoffice Operations (Finance, HR, IT, etc.)
- Knowledge of the SAP Corporate Strategy, Product Portfolio and Solution Deployment Models
- Familiarity with Business Architecture methodology, structure and concepts
- Ability to develop key Business Architecture artifacts (Business Process Models, Capability Maps and Solutions Roadmaps)
- Possess Executive Presence and the ability to effectively communicate orally or in writing
- Self-driven leadership qualities that will allow the candidate to effectively engage colleagues and partners, and mentor next generation talent
- Ability to develop and articulate a point-of-view that may not already be represented in discussions
- Innovative thinking that will lead to create approaches for engaging and delivering customer and corporate value
- Minimum 7 years in a relevant industry role that included implementing technology solutions
- Minimum 2 years in a business analyst or business architect role
- Minimum 2 years in a role that required regular engagement with senior/executive leadership
Please click on the link below to hear a message from Stephanie Nashawaty who leads the NA Customer Innovation Office (CInO) here at SAP
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:294342 | Work Area: Presales | Expected Travel: 0 - 40% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time |