To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
VP Engineering - AppExchange, IdeaExchange and Known Issues
The AppExchange is Salesforce’s marketplace, empowering businesses to extend the functionality of Salesforce across every department and industry. It is an ecosystem of over 6,500 ready-to-install solutions, 100,000 peer reviews, and 9 million customer installs to help solve any business challenge. The IdeaExchange and Known Issues are also pillars in the Salesforce ecosystem, enabling our Trailblazer Community to connect with our product managers to influence our roadmap and report known issues.
Salesforce is looking for a technically strong, energetic, highly collaborative, and passionate engineering executive to lead the AppExchange, IdeaExchange and Known Issues. This role will be responsible for driving the architecture, execution and delivery of a technology transformation that will keep these platforms on the cutting edge of modern and personalized marketplaces and customer communities.
- Fulfill the role as the engineering leader of Salesforce’s AppExchange, IdeaExchange and Known Issues - mentoring, growing and running a high functioning, highly productive, agile, inclusive, motivated and distributed engineering organization of ~45 engineers and contractors
- Closely partner with the product organization to build vision and roadmap that meet business goals and revenue targets, while aligning on objectives, priorities, tradeoffs and risks
- Position and showcase the AppExchange, IdeaExchange and Known Issues as models of how world-class products and experiences can and should be built on top of the Salesforce Platform
- Drive the architecture, execution and delivery of a technology transformation, creating a unified, modern and personalized marketplace, supporting business consumers and ISV partners that foster a multi-billion dollar ecosystem
- Make and own critical decisions and be proactive in foreseeing and resolving issues
- Ensure teams are accountable, have clear priorities and adequate resources
- Foster a culture of technical excellence and service ownership
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience running a line of business as the engineering leader (ie creating engineering budget projections, run rates, headcount and infrastructure resource requests, driving hiring strategy, etc)
- Experience partnering with the Product organization in co-creating executable product vision and roadmaps
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and presentation skills
- Experience building and managing highly complex systems, working with micro-services and/or distributed architecture
- Experience executing a technical transformation of live services, with zero down time
- Experience with lean/agile modern development methodologies
- 10+ years experience leading software engineering teams with a distinguished track record of delivering on technically demanding projects
- 5+ years experience managing managers and organizations of 25+ people
- Bachelors/Masters degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
Highly Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience delivering marketplace products like the AppStore, Google Play, AirBnB, Amazon, Netflix, eBay, etc.
- Experience delivering intelligent search features, recommendation algorithms and/or personalized features at enterprise scale
- Familiarity with the Salesforce Platform and AppExchange ISV ecosystem
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.