To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Who we are...
Tableau is as much a philosophy as an amazing suite of tools. We enable people to transform data into something visual and understandable, enabling people to make important decisions based on those insights. If you are passionate about technology, but also care deeply about doing something meaningful, Tableau is the place for you. Our products have been key in helping fight Malaria, Ebola, and most recently COVID19, by providing data insights to medical professionals into where these diseases are spreading.
Location : must reside in Brasilia, Brazil or closeby surrounding areas.
What you’ll be doing…
As a Solution Engineer, you will become a de facto expert in Tableau Products, the use cases that best leverage them and the IT environments our platform integrate with. The Solution Engineer’s primary role is to communicate the features, capabilities, and benefits of Tableau as a modern analytics platform to Enterprise customers. A Solution Engineer consistently demonstrates outstanding presentation, speaking and writing skills and is able to create and deliver compelling product demonstrations by clearly articulating technical advantages into business benefits and solutions. The Solution Engineer is the Primary Solution Engineer on assigned large and mid-tier Enterprise accounts/opportunities within an assigned geographic region and identifies technically challenging and complex opportunities that may require the support from multiple field SEs. The role has focus across all field segments with a specialized focus on deep technical proof points around analytics and business intelligence, including embedded analytics, IT integration and data preparation against complex data sources. As part of the sales team, the role actively contributes to account planning and customer adoption/success through alignment of customer goals with proven best practices. Additionally, the role requires continuous learning with multiple Tableau releases annually and researching new technologies as they emerge that are applicable to our customers and platform.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
Who you are…
- Become an expert in the features, benefits and application of Tableau as a platform.
- Arranges and conducts face-to-face and web-based meetings as necessary to support presales activities (e.g., discovery, requirements analysis, presentation/demonstration, etc.) with customers and prospects.
- Develops and delivers outstanding Tableau presentations and product demonstrations that range from standard to custom. Use Tableau’s products to quickly and expertly generate compelling, interactive visualizations using Tableau and Tableau Prep
- Implements the Tableau platform for Guided Evaluations and Proof-of-Concepts (POC) scenarios where customers evaluate in an on-premise or cloud development environment. Supports off-site or on-site Guided Evaluations and POCs utilizing Tableau software to address the customer’s business issue(s) of moderate to extremely complex scope with customer provided or mocked-up data. As a part of this process, responsible as the Primary SE formulating and leading all aspects of the technical sales process and identifying other presales resources required for the deliverables and ensuring customer satisfaction. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria of obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Researches new technologies, tools and methodologies as they emerge that may be applicable.
- Communicate daily with sales teams regarding sales activities and tactics to support our customers.
- Be the customer advocate and liaison for product management and development
- Support the sales team’s readiness in the use of Tableau products
- Provide proactive support to customers and prospects
- Backup the technical support staff as needed
. 5 or more years’ experience in a Sales Engineer/ Solution Engineer role, ideally in Enterprise accounts. This includes 3 or more years’ experience with business intelligence.
•Data Rock Star.
- Highly Technical. Technical skill and/or ability to acquire in-depth knowledge/use of Tableau products to effectively position and convey the merits of the enterprise platform to customers and prospects. Proficiency in technologies complimentary to Tableau software such as the following: Enterprise software architectures, Salesforce, cloud technologies (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google), ETL (e.g., Informatica, Alteryx), SQL or MDX (e.g., MySQL, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Redshift, Cloudera), .NET or JSP, Java, Linux, Windows, and network security/authentication + network and web infrastructure are a strong plus.
Demonstrated quantitative ability, such as statistics or analytics + experience with databases and data analysis tools
. Solid listening skills. Can quickly digest information and respond in an accurate and concise manner. Ability to respond appropriately to complex questions. Excellent written and oral communication skills to both business and technical audiences – solid presentation skills. Effectively gives and receives feedback. Business level proficiency in English & Portuguese.
- Problem Solver. Ability to solve problems with varying degrees of difficulty + analytical and strategic thinking skills.
Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize well in a fast paced, dynamic work environment + technical aggressiveness and ability to learn new technologies and business requirements.
•You are a Recruiter!
Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.